OMG My New Pistol FINALLY Came In

wcsc12

So, here's a nice story for you guys.

Shortly after I bought my Sig P226 .40, I ordered a P226 Elite Dark 9mm with Threaded Barrel for my dad. I mean literally like 2 weeks after I got my gun back in like March or so. Well, not one of Sig's distributors had one (I called everyone of them to see) and so I had one order it for me. As of yesterday, they just got it in. We are talking almost 8 months of waiting to get a gun. When the lady from the store called me, I swear I had no idea what was going on. She said, your gun is in. I said "Huh?"

But new pics will be shown once it gets to the FFL Thursday I believe.

The super sad part is I want to sell my P226 and buy either an Elite Dark .40 or a .40 TacOps but that's for another thread :D. I asked her if she had any of those in stock and the answer was no but we could order it for you and I thought...another 8 months :(

Edited by wcsc12
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how nice the pistol is, you do realize that you just lost 177 points for starting a thread "OMG", right?
What he said!!

:lol: I was about to make a crack about starting a thread title with OMG but...thanks.:P

Anyway, congrats to the OP.

Regardless of how nice the pistol is, you do realize that you just lost 177 points for starting a thread "OMG", right?

Yes but if you didn't say OMFG to waiting 8 months to get a bloody gun, you're the most patient man alive :)

Nice. I may need to look into this "instant rebate" thing. That price is slightly lower than what I would pay after the instant rebate.

hahaha...that instant rebate is just a way to skirt Sig's new MAP (minimum advertised Price) agreement they have with their dealers. This way he can say he is in compliance while lowballing everyone else.

Yes but if you didn't say OMFG to waiting 8 months to get a bloody gun, you're the most patient man alive :biglol:

Nice. I may need to look into this "instant rebate" thing. That price is slightly lower than what I would pay after the instant rebate.

hahaha...that instant rebate is just a way to skirt Sig's new MAP (minimum advertised Price) agreement they have with their dealers. This way he can say he is in compliance while lowballing everyone else.

Well being a frugal man, I support this :D

I was giving OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming OMG stood for "Ordered My Gun".

Niceness...well no update as of yet. I didn't get a chance to pick it up until Monday as for some reason, my FFL was closed on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday last week. I picked it up on Monday but haven't had a chance to go and shoot it yet. It does feel pretty good though. I am absolutely in love with those aluminum grips. They way they make the frame feel in my hand is perfect. So hopefully, I'll get a chance to go shooting on either Tuesday or Wednesday coming up. I may have to make a payment to TGO though to sell my old P226...but that's another thread for another day.