Somebody just shot a doe with a rifle.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like the fact they used a rifle that close to my house.

And they should be reported and then, hopefully, found, arrested and punished for doing so. As I have said all along, the fact that they took a deer could possibly be justified (whether 'legal' or not.) The location they chose in which to do so, however, is a different matter entirely. The fact that they posed a risk of serious injury or death to the people in your neighborhood can not be justified.

Edited by JAB
Guest adamoxtwo
They poached, small game was legally available.

I could concede to them not being able to afford a permit, however squirrel season was and is open. We just had a big meal of stuffed and roasted squirrel the other night. As far as the cost of a permit I do not know I have fallen under the land owner exemption since I moved to where I am at.

OK but if you are in that position you probably would like to take one animal and have the ability for that to feed you for a little while so that you can focus your efforts on getting out of the situation that you are in and not have to go out and find every meal every day. Just a thought

Guest GunTroll
Unbelievable. SME's and fellow TGO hunters alike promoting/accepting/participating/turning a blind eye to, the illegal harvesting of game animals that belong to ALL OF US, AND NOT TO ANY ONE MAN ALONE. Selfish.

Didn't feel like typing the same thing I already typed.

Guest 808-South

They poached, small game was legally available.

I could concede to them not being able to afford a permit, however squirrel season was and is open. We just had a big meal of stuffed and roasted squirrel the other night. As far as the cost of a permit I do not know I have fallen under the land owner exemption since I moved to where I am at.

I need a new squirrel recipe....

Since they took it, the only thing that really bothers me is that they did it so close to houses. Since they did not seem to be wasting the deer I honestly don't have a big problem other them them doing it too close to houses on trespassing.

What bothers me most is people that shoot deer and other animals and leave them.

This year the TWRA are shooting wild hogs and leaving them to hog, while if I want to go hunt one to take and eat. Tell me what is fair about that. Perhaps we should have an occupy TWRA