Winchester PDX1

Guest Rem_Mosin1917

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

BTW, the 147gr Ranger-T is my carry round in 9mm.

Why the Rangers over the HSTs? I carry 147gr HSTs, but am interested in your opinion since I expect you guys have shot plenty of both. I have in my mind y'all shooting a bunch of HSTs in .40 at one point and having some issues.

Winchester ranger talons le are excellent rounds with massive destruction. The hst le are equally as good as talons in ballistic test. I use both never had a fail and they all mushroom very nice. The walmart pdx1 are junk to me, many times they don't mushroom and u get a fmj round. I have used both hst and talon, not black talon, in all calibers. The talons made today are the same as previous black talons without lubalox Teflon coating. That coating junks up a feed ramp quick.

About a year ago we tested various calibers of PDX1 in water jugs and it's a very good round...I would not hesitate to carry it. In .45 ACP we found it didn't expand when shot through multiple layers of denim, but a lot of ammo is that way. The previous poster is right, it is bonded unlike the Ranger T. Good luck, B

Edited by Bassoneer
Why the Rangers over the HSTs? I carry 147gr HSTs, but am interested in your opinion since I expect you guys have shot plenty of both. I have in my mind y'all shooting a bunch of HSTs in .40 at one point and having some issues.

Just because I still have 200-300 rounds of it left.

Dr. Gary Roberts made the switch from Ranger-T to HST and I might too when it's time to go shopping.

No issues with our general issued load... .40 HST 180gr.

What you're thinking of involved the .45acp HST 230gr+P. That incident was a gun problem though, not an ammo problem.