Concealed Encounter

Guest justluck

Guest justluck

I experienced a concealed carry moment that I'll share - no great lesson involved, I just feel like sharing today.

Not long ago at a local gun shop, I was at the counter looking at used handguns when this guy comes in a stands immediately to my left. The salesman was wrapping up business with a customer so we were just standing and looking. Suddenly, I heard this clicking sound and looked over at the guy to my left, realizing that's were the sound was coming from. He had on one of those "clicky" holsters (probably a Serpa, I'm not sure) underneath his T-shirt. He was standing there continually releasing the gun and re-holstering it - thus the clicking sound. It became apparent that he was a relatively new concealed carry guy and was damn proud of it. I figured that it was about time to move to a new location. As I was moving away, the salesman came over and I heard the "clicker" tell him that he had been carrying his 9mm for about a year and that he was ready now to "move up". He was ready for a .40 of some kind.

Makes me wonder if there should be another criteria along with background check for a carry permit - NAH! If it were, someone would just use it to keep everyone for ever obtaining a carry permit.

Just a note: This is a true story; I did not make it up.

Edited by justluck
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note: This is a true story; I did not make it up.

Hahaha!

Yeah, people like this make me nervous. I've seen some really dumb stuff happen from people mishandling weapons; I just don't get how a grown man can act like a 5 year old when it comes to firearms.