Herman Cain the Black Walnut

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to be the choice, just so the campaign can be "Cain vs. Un-Able."

too go with that sentiment

"Seriously, in 2008 we elected a community organizer, state senator, college instructor first term senator over a guy who spent five years in a Vietnamese prison. And now he’s lecturing us about how America’s gone “soft”? Really? Jonah Goldberg

Wait, Is Malaise French for “Soft”? - By Jonah Goldberg - The Corner - National Review Online

A recent straw poll today at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C. has Ron Paul as the winner at 37% and Herman Cain at 23%, Santorum at 16% and everyone else 8% and below.

I think this is the best showing for both Paul and Santorum.

Granted, you need to take straw poll results with a grain of salt...but, hopefully the tide is turning towards "serious" conservatives.

My bets are on Cain.

So, Romney got Christie's endorsement....big effing deal he's just another McCain like Mitt.

Laura Ingraham today on her radio show talking with Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour about the 2012 GOP Nomination, specifically about Herman Cain during the first section of the interview. Laura Ingraham said callers to her radio show are “on fire for Herman Cain,” and she asked Barbour if she thought he could win against Barack Obama. Barbour said Cain would “sweep the South” against Obama if he is the GOP Nominee, and that one of Cain’s real advantages is that “he is likable.”

On Cain’s “999 Plan,” Barbour said he done a great job of giving a “straight-forward, common sense plan” that is easy to understand.

Heck, Lee greenwood and Dennis Miller endorses Cain.

Edited by kieefer
Guest President Fernatt

I am hugely into politics and have been struggling with decisions on who I want to throw support behind. I finally made the choice yesterday for Cain. He is absolutely amazing. He can't do it alone though. If anyone is seriously interested in backing him you should visit his site and consider joining and/or donating. It's all about the grass roots efforts and it takes a lot of effort to keep the ball rolling. Once you join his site you can get involved by joining the "Tennessee for Cain" group. Go for it!

Guest President Fernatt
One guy can't fix DC. Nothing against Cain. The system is broken, and gets worse every day.

You are right, but it isn't just one man. It is an entire movement that has been stirring around since the Tea Parties began. It would be good for our Country to not only have someone genuine but also someone who can appeal to the minorities and inspire them to relinquish their dependency on government assistance. He could certainly turn economics and attitudes in America around for the better. If you watch debates, and this is why he is so well liked, Cain is the only candidate to answer specifically and fully. He doesn't shy away from the challenge. Basically what I'm saying is that I agree. One man cannot change everything but the fact of the matter is, someone will be elected to the position of presidency in 2012. It certainly doesn't hurt to find a person you like and make an effort to propel him into the Oval Office.

Guest Lester Weevils

I like Cain and have for awhile. His advantage is that he is likable.

Am a little more comfortable with Ron Paul, but Cain would be better than the candidates other than Paul. Johnson has some good attributes, but won't break to the top. Cain ain't perfect but nobody is.

One worrying thang is that in debates Cain seems to agree and be most copacetic with Romney and Newt. Maybe I'm too prejudiced against plasticman Romney but it is worrying that he and Cain agree so much. Newt is OK I guess. All the talking heads think Newt is a freakin genius but I don't see it.

All the talking heads who say nobody has a chance except Romney, they say that Rubio is the hands-down vice prez pick regardless of who gets the nomination. Mebbe.

If Cain got the nomination I'd give even odds of Newt as vice-prez pick. Or maybe Romney. Or perhaps go with the talking-head pick of Rubio. I don't have anything against Rubio or for Rubio. Dunno much about him. Guess any of those guys couldn't possibly be any worse than brain-damaged Biden.

Marco is already a shining star, especially when

compared to that RINO he beat during his primary.

He could go up fast. It still is going to be uphill

until both house and senate are weeded out.

If Republicans will get Cain in, we can do that,

too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Cain and have for awhile. His advantage is that he is likable.

...One worrying thang is that in debates Cain seems to agree and be most copacetic with Romney and Newt. Maybe I'm too prejudiced against plasticman Romney but it is worrying that he and Cain agree so much. Newt is OK I guess. All the talking heads think Newt is a freakin genius but I don't see it.

Cain is simply using Ronald Reagans technique, don't attack your fellow Republicans, attack the Democrat.

Art Leffer, the economist behind Reagan endorsed Cain's 9-9-9 plan. House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan said he loves Cain's 9-9-9 proposal. Herman Cain mentioned Paul Ryan and Jim DeMint as possible V.P. choices.

I don't think there's any way he'd choose Romney.

Guest President Fernatt
I like Cain, but was wondering what happened to his support of the Fair Tax.

His 999 plan is actually a combination of Flat Tax and Fair Tax. Cain is a supporter of both as "ideas" but as most people he realizes that one option can't raise enough income alone. So he basically combined the two and added a few elements. The 999 tax plan is not perfect but it is enough to provide a road map that hopefully can be given to Congress under Cain's administration. Once it goes through congress all the kinks will have been worked out and we can potentially finally have complete tax reform. Cain is a mathematician and actually worked in that role for the department of the Navy during Vietnam. He is a smart man and is great with numbers. He even confused Clinton in a link I will provide concerning Socialized Healthcare.

Herman Cain versus Bill Clinton.mp4 - YouTube

I would much rather support a candidate (Cain) who gives specific plans about what exactly he will attempt to do...rather than support other candidates who simply answer in general terms without specific or real goals.

His 9% sales tax would result in us Tennesseans, who already pay the 2nd highest sales tax in the county, having that rate doubled.

Think 18+% everytime you spend a dollar.

He counters the argument with fact that your income tax would drop at least 9% also, and in most cases of "middle class" and up, more.

And of course, unlike withholding tax, you do have discretion over your spending habits. As a matter of fact, there would be no sales tax on used goods. Dunno about food and essential services, not hip to the details.

On the other hand, folks who pay NO income tax would have to pay more overall if they maintain the same level and type of consumption. Then again, maybe that's one of the left handed intents of the plan?

- OS