Baby Eagle .40

Guest Rem_Mosin1917

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried one out before deciding on the Glock 23 that I currently carry. I really did like the Eagle and it seemed to be a good quality gun. I wish I'd had enough cash for both. I think the only reason I chose the Glock over the Eagle was the safety. If you get one, let us know how it is...

If it is the Jericho like I think it is, it is based on the CZ 75 platform. I believe that IMI started building them out of Tanfoglio parts.

They first came around in the early 90's I believe as the Jericho 941, with an interchangeable barrel to shoot 9mm and .41AE. The .40S&W was soon developed and eclipsed the .41AE.

I have been toying with the idea of picking one up for a long time now, there are a couple of different variants, polymer, full size, compact, etc. I haven't read a bad review of them yet. I know they recently started importing them again.

I have one in 9mm and one in .40 cal. I love them. Mine are the metal version. They are kind of heavy,very accurate, and eat anything I have ever stuffed in them. My son has laid claim on the 9mm, but I hid the .40 from him. You're welcome to test drive it, if you like.

Still have my orginal Jericho 941 kit and love it. All metal and really absorbs any recoil. It doesn't get much action anymore, but still a goodie.

But wish I had a .45 version. Wonder if any parts or uppers are available for the first IMI imports? Guess I'll have to do some searching.