Kahr - justing venting a little...

Guest FiddleDog

Guest FiddleDog

I purchased a Kahr Cm9 on 8/27/11. Immediately upon initial breakdown, I notice a gash in the feed ramp around 1/16 on an inch deep. Unacceptable for a new gun. The gun got packed up and sent back to kahr on the following Tuesday.

It just got back yesterday, saying that they polished the feed ramp and test fired it...

In the meantime, they began a promotion for a free magazine on 9/1/11. Rather than ask my dealer to forge a receipt, I figured I'd ask if they could give my case some consideration as the thing had to be sent in for warrantee work immediately.

Nope...nada.

Things happen, and I understand that thus could have happened with any manufacturer...but I would have thought it reasonable to have some sort of effort on Kahr's end to keep my business. Especially since they're giving magazines away now, anyways. Instead, all I got was the equivalent of a "I'm sorry your gun sucked" note...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not own a Kahr nor have I had to Deal with their customer service. However I recently purchased a new Ruger LC9, the owners manual was not in the box, I contacted Ruger to have one sent to me. Upon arrival it contained an owners manual and a spare Mag which I did not ask for or know I was getting.

Guest FiddleDog

I'll try escalating the issue. Normally, my instinct is not to. I work in account resolution/service and assume that, like me, a service rep will look for excuses to be "the good guy," and in instances like this, the first response reflects the boundaries of the company's stated policy. While I'm sure that escalating the issue will probably net me the free magazine, what I wanted was for the company to make things right with me. If I have to push the issue, then Kahr would have been coerced into doing the "right thing" and at that point, a free magazine is just free stuff, with no effect on repairing the consumer/company relation that was damaged in the first place.

Had they endeavored to do the right thing at first prompt, or even without prompt - such as was the case in PFries experience with Ruger, I would have been happy with a t-shirt or even a sticker.

I guess I've been spoiled with my experience with Smith and Wesson's CS department, and my experience with Glock's CS dept.

Upon arrival it contained an owners manual and a spare Mag which I did not ask for or know I was getting.

I have read/heard several reports that a free mag is pretty much standard with any warranty work from Ruger.

I purchased a Kahr Cm9 on 8/27/11. Immediately upon initial breakdown, I notice a gash in the feed ramp around 1/16 on an inch deep. Unacceptable for a new gun. ...

No ones said it yet.....but how could you not have noticed the gash on the feed ramp?? There's no way around it, surely you inspected the weapon BEFORE you bought it right?? Not trying to be a butthead but with what has been said here, it was your fault for the purchase of the defective pistol. Kahr did what they should have. They took care of the issue and sent it back. That's good customer service. You don't deserve something for a mistake you could have avoided by inspecting the weapon.....:D

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

While a feed ramp issue might be reasonably obvious during a pre-purchase inspection, I know a lot of places around here are pretty iffy about you doing any sort of disassembling prior to purchase.

Guest FiddleDog

I didn't disassemble the pistol in the shop. I am friends with the shop owner that I purchased the Kahr from, and he probably would have let me, but I do know that he does not like for people to disassemble the guns in the shop, so out of respect to him, I didn't ask to. I also knew that if I had a problem with the gun, he would do what he could to make it right.

The nick was low and off-center enough on the feed ramp for me to not be able to see it by just looking down into the ejection port (which I did). Kahr's Off-set barrel makes it difficult to inspect the right-side of the feed ramp, which is where it was.

Trust me, I'd be the first in line to call myself a bonehead if I had pulled a bonehead move, but this is not something that would have been noticeable without removing the barrel from the slide. I don't think it unreasonable for a gun shop owner to have a problem with people disassembling their product, especially since they don't know what level of experience that any given customer has with this sort of procedure.

I think it reasonable to expect that a brand new product not have damage to it, as its the exception and not the rule that a product not be in brand new condition when it's brand new, so I don't believe that buyer beware addage applies here.

Edited by FiddleDog