Taurus in .22LR / .25ACP

Tenifer17

I normally buy and carry bigger and more quality style guns such as Glocks and CZ's but I just saw an article about a Taurus .22LR / .25acp . It seems kinda nice . I almost bought a Taurus PT22 back in 1995 but never did . Has anyone seen these ? The new ones are polymer framed pistols. They are still blow-back like the older ones were .Does anyone here have any information or experience on these ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy apparently currently has the 'steel and alloy' version of the Taurus tip-up .22 on Clearance for $198.88. Don't know if there is an Academy near you that is one of the 'select stores' that have them available or not. The one pictured in the ad is a bit 'pimptastic' but that actually might make it kind of fun to have for a plinker, etc.

Academy - Taurus 22GPRL .22 LR Pistol

These are DAO vs. the SA/DA Beretta Bobcat, and reportedly have horrible triggers. They're also a little bit larger. Not to mention cheaper. And 8+1 vs. 7+1 capacity. I'd like to try out the polymer version sometime.

(not firsthand, my research while evaluating the Beretta. TIFWIW)

Edited by ttocswob

It's a shame that Taurus is THE most innovative, creative and versatile firearms manufacturer in the world but all of there pistols, though they be all of the above, seem to have one flaw. I would love to have a PT22 but when people use the secret code words like "ammo sensitive" I have to put my wallet back in my pocket..........When someone posts "My PT-22 will eat anything I feed it and beg for more" I'll buy three of them.

Edited by Will Carry

I've got a metal PT-22 and no, it won't eat everything but run's fine with what it like's. It is what it is, a basic, rimfire pocket sized pistol you can carry while woodswalking, fishing, etc. I just like to use it to plink with because its fun to shoot.

To be honest---i don't know what inspired me to buy this taurus. My wife thought it was "cute" but other than that it was completely out of line with the handguns i typically fall in love with. After owning it, i honestly can't think of a reason to own a gun this size. Its too fat (IMHO) for pocket carry and if you are carrying on the waistband you can find larger calibers that are concealed just as easy.....