Staying alert

Guest capt usa

Guest capt usa

A little story about self defense awarness. What in the world are people thinking these days. The other night my wife and two sons were at Wally World. My oldest (15) had picked up some scent blocker to use bowhunting and went back to the car to listen to the radio. He was watching a lady walking through the cars heading his way. As she passed the car she reached out and tried to open the drivers side door where he was sitting. As he was taught, he had the doors locked and she didn't open it. She then tapped on the window and he rolled it down about an inch to see what she wanted. She asked if he could help her out by buying a new camera "her sister just bought for $7" by giving her $5 for it. He told her he had a camera in his cell phone and didn't want it. She moved on toward another car and he could see them shake their head no and she moved on. What's up with that? Who goes around trying to open a door with someone sitting inside?

What would you have done if you came out and saw someone trying to get in your car where your son was sitting?

p.s. this is the same parking lot where my lady friend had her encounter at. I posted it on the Womens and Firearms section.

Edited by capt usa
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in parking lot of wallyworld or similar fine establishment? Gun on lap covered by hand.

As for kids, I have this story to relate:

When I was about 5 years old, in Atlanta, I was in the car with my siblings, 4 or 5 of us. Dad stopped for gas, and went inside to pay. My older brother was like 8 years old at the time. Mom was at home. While we were waiting for dad, a vagrant or sketchball came up and tried the handle. It was locked. Knocked on the window a few times. As my brother started rolling down the window (hey, we were kids!), my dad came jogging back out shouting at the guy, and the hobo ran off. Maybe the creeper didn't want anything. Maybe he did. **** knows how many pieces I'd be in right now if my brother had opened the door instead of trying to roll down the window. Teach your kids well, folks.

Edited by nmil

she probably didn't spend a considerable amount of time lookin in the driver seat.. if a car is running in a parking lot and quick glance shows no one inside it's probably 80% of the time unlocked easy score. if it wasn't running she may have just been on meth and cracked out. "she knew she had to ask that guy sitting there but the window's up.. quickest way is to open the door and talk to him.. oh that didn't work ok knock knock. but this camera thing blah for 5 dollars so i can get another hit, no, ok, keep moving next, next, need to get higher". statistical probability is she's a junkie on a fixhunt as opposed to a baiter with an accomplice waiting for someone to open the door and conduct an aggravated robbery or carjacking.

Going through a parking lot trying door handles??!!

A burglar, almost by definition. An officer witnesses this and they get arrested. Whether she's a crack-head looking for pawnable items or what, doesn't matter.

And yeah, they all have some stupid cover story to justify their conduct.

probably stole the camera

That's what I'm thinking, Probably stole it from walmart and want to sell it to get some cigs, or as my friend calls them fags. "Im gonna go smoke me a fag" I stopped him and told him he shouldn't be talking like that at work it would get him fired and thrown in jail if caught. lol