New Toy

walton6467

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to hear what you think about it at the range. I've been thinking of picking one up for a carry piece when I'm dressed up for my job. I bought a Tuck-This holster for my Kahr P40, but I just can't make it work, so a smaller gun seems to be my only choice.

I'm interested to hear what you think about it at the range. I've been thinking of picking one up for a carry piece when I'm dressed up for my job.

I'm also very interested to hear about it after your range trip.

I too have been looking at one of these for a carry piece when I'm at work.

Right now I'm vacillating between a Bodyguard .380 or a Kahr CM9.

Its a great little shooter. I put about 50 rounds downrange before it got too dark. The recoil is very manageable. My only experience with a small gun was with a Kel Tec PF9. Of course, being a smaller caliber, there was less kick. After 50 rounds, no sting or tingle in my hand.

As with all DAO guns, the trigger is very long, that will take some getting used to again. And It seems to be consistently hitting the target about 3-4 inches low, of course could be the shooter. with my Glock, from 7 yards, I can put a nice grouping in a circle. This is a little more of a challenge.

I'm not sure what to do with the laser, when I just point the gun and pull the trigger, the shot hits below the laser, when I use the sites it hits low too. I think I will probably NOT miss the laser if I never use it. It will be a toy and that's about it.

I'll need some more range time to decide if the sites are off or (more likely) the shooter is off. However, I like it. It disappears in my pocket, it went through 50 rounds of the cheap stuff without a hitch and it has a safety. Its all that its advertised to be.

I think different factory runs have different lasers, some with easy buttons, some with hard. Mine is impossible to turn on without turning the gun sideways and pressing down hard on the on button. My friend has a Bodyguard that he can tap the on button with his finger while he is aiming and the laser comes on. I'm probably going to site in the laser in the next couple days anyways, but it is not something I'd use regularly.