9mm revolver

sam

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S&W made the Model 940 and Ruger made the SP101, you might be able to still find them. They quit making them because they didn’t sell. You can buy the same guns in .357Mag that can shoot either .38 for low recoil or .357Mag for full power SD rounds.

They are both top of the line revolvers. Whether or not they are worth it depends on what you think of the round choices.

I believe S&W made two 9mm revolvers, one K and one J frame. both are high end collectors guns now. Taurus may still make the 905, I had two and I would recommend saving your money. Ruger made a 9mm Speed Six, great gun, I had one. Why have a Speed Six when you can a have a 9mm Glock? But the Speed Six was way cool and I had 18 moonclips for it. The Ruger Speed Six is now a fairly sought after collectors gun. Not in the same league as S&W but pretty high priced. The achilles heel of the Taurus is the flimsy moonclips.

I like eclectic guns, and my 9mm SP101 3" is my favorite of them. :D

It's a little more snappy than it's 38/357 twin with .38, about the same as .38 +P.

Handles beautifully and I'm at least as accurate with the 9mm as the 38/357.

I can reload far faster with moonclips than a speed loader, and you have a host of 9mm SD rounds to choose from for carry or home defense if that's your intent, and then there's that whole one caliber if you have 9mm bottom feeders thing.

Personnally I just like it because it's a bit of an oddball and fun. Up top with Hogue grips and F/O front.

027.jpg[/img]

Thanks a lot guys, now I'm on the hunt now for a SP101 in 9mm. I didn't know Ruger had made a 9mm SP101. Seems like the perfect compliment with all the 9 semi autos I have.
I didn't either. That's ultra cool!!!

They also made a .22 version, which BTW, there is rumor they will re-introduce soon.

I've been hesitant to get an Sp101 in 9x19. I have a .357 SP I carry everyday. I want one in 9mm really bad, but knowing, loving, and owning/reloading for a few Ruger Handguns, I know what it will mean. Crazy experiments in reloading.

Now, I would NEVER condone unsafe reloading practices, but I think it's safe to say the SP101 (being built like a tank) could probably handle more than the 9mm brass. *Think +p+++*