Quick Range Report: Glock 23 & Sig sp2022

jkf74

Hey everybody. I turned 21 a couple weeks ago and received a Glock 23 g4 from my Dad and a Sig sp2022 from my fiancee's step Dad. I was able to take them out to the range for the first time today. This is my first range report so bare with me lol. Today was actually my first full time at the range other than my HCP class. I am pretty new to handguns so I didnt shoot tight groups or anything. But I will tell you my experience with the pistols.

Glock 23 g4:

This Glock was bought used but looks as if it has never been fired. I put over 200 rounds through it today with no malfunctions of any kind. I was shooting Privi Partizan 180g .40sw ammunition. Every round fed and extracted perfectly. The gun was much more accurate than I am at this time. It has the 0-3 extractor if anyone is interested due to some of the gen 4 problems. As I said earlier, I am a relatively new shooter and have absolutely no problems with the recoil of the .40sw round. In fact, this gun had no more felt recoil than my Dad's S&W 5906 9mm. My Dad's friend, who had never shot a pistol before today had no problems with the recoil either. It is my favorite pistol and will be my carry pistol.

Sig SP2022:

My other pistol is a Sig SP2022 also in .40sw. This gun was NIB. I shot the same ammo as the Glock. My Fiancee was the first to shoot this pistol. When she shot, every round of the first mag jammed or stove piped. I shot it and it was perfect. I told her she might be limp wristing, she adjusted her grip and it worked perfectly. 200 some rounds letter and absolutely no more malfunctions of any kind. The gun has a good feel to it in my hand, although I prefer the feel of the Glock. It is also noticeably heavier than the Glock (6 ounces or so I believe). The DA pull was nice and the SA pull was exceptional. I honestly cant think of any other brand new $400 gun that could be better than this.

There is my first range review. I would be happy to answer any questions I can. Thanks for reading! Here are some pics.

SigandGlock.jpg

Sig2022.jpg

Glock23.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good written review, both of the pistol’s you now own will serve both of you well as each of you continue to improve basic skills and marksmanship. Don’t get in to much of a hurry to add more pistol’s or revolver’s to your armory, instead spend the money on ammunition, range gear and training this way you’ll build improved skill’s and a better understanding of the pistol. Further training will also develop and instill increased self confidence and maturity in you as well making you a safer, more reasoning shooter.

Like the man said ammo ammo ammo. I had a glock,CZ,Sig in 9mm and a springfield 1911 also had 3 revolvers. Until i started shooting one gun exclusive i sucked at the range. The glock was my choice because it was more carry friendly. After one pistol per range trip i became a much better shooter my groups were so much better.Congrats on the birthday pistols they are top notch id hang on to both of em .