Honest question.................

Andyshowfan

It is an unfortunate side effect of a politically correct society. We are not allowed to talk about shooting actual enemy so we use a made up joke of an enemy to explain tatics or preparation things. It just does not work to say "when the _____ invade and we kill em all, I prefer an uzi to the AK, what do you think?

• Like 1

My opinion is that zombies are a good outlet for people to deal with The End Of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI) scenarios and S___ Hit The Fan (SHTF) plans. Without being characterized as fanatical conspiracy theorist nutjobs etc. Because everybody knows zombies aren't real... uhm right?? It is easier for mainstreamers to look at it as a humorous sidebar rather than a serious tactical consideration for what could happen. Plus ALOT of people like zombie movies and as a society we've accepted them into mainstream media tv/movies since the 1940s/50s so it has a multi-generational appeal. It's politically correct to openly discuss zombie annihilation methods versus any other topic. Nobody can agree on what will happen with XX event.. global warming, financial destabilisation, border crossing, famine, rioting. It's too mentally uncomfortable to imagine the level of depravation that could occur in a mid+ metropolitan area that becomes beset by misfortune.. natural disasters, bombings, etc.. pillaging, looting, vandalism, rape, cannibalism, etc. Too many people are convince aliens would be friendly and not conquerors and we could get along etc. So zombies are mindless, carriers of infection, flesh eaters that obviously must be destroyed. That's kind of a summary really.. there are quite a few posts in zombie/survival boards that expound on this more eloquently and in greater detail..

Yeah. Its SIMPLE. In today's day and age, Zombies are Politically Correct disaster type. And fun, too.

It is a "worst case" and can be used to prepare for any major disaster.

Better than the old "worst case" of nuclear war...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest oldslowchevy
It’s ok to shoot dead people. Live people, not so much.

if you shoot a live person they could die.... die makes them dead... dead mean they could turn into a zombie... dang it, i need more bullets.

Guest HeroGear

I'm with TGO David...Zombie threads are just fun...but on another note the EOTWAWKI is a great excuse when justifying to the wife why we need more guns...ammo...and survival type supplies...lol...especially the zombie rounds Hornady is coming out with...too much fun!

I'm with TGO David...Zombie threads are just fun...but on another note the EOTWAWKI is a great excuse when justifying to the wife why we need more guns...ammo...and survival type supplies...lol...especially the zombie rounds Hornady is coming out with...too much fun!

You're a luckier man than me. My wife just rolls her eyes when I mention zombies. But she is on board with stockpiling food etc so I guess that's better than nothing. I will just have to brush up on my melee skills :D

• 2 weeks later...

We have had some issues with ants over the years and our bug guys got tired of being called. They did a treatment around the house that puts a chemical in the ground that "causes mushrooms to grow on the ants head" according to the bug guy. We have yet to see an ant after the treatment. He told me it was a chemical that was discover in the rain forest. I thought he was pulling my leg!

• 3 weeks later...
We have had some issues with ants over the years and our bug guys got tired of being called. They did a treatment around the house that puts a chemical in the ground that "causes mushrooms to grow on the ants head" according to the bug guy. We have yet to see an ant after the treatment. He told me it was a chemical that was discover in the rain forest. I thought he was pulling my leg!

That sounds more like biological than chemical warffare! :)