New FBI Crime Statistics - Murders Increase Where Carry Isnt Allowed....

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation cited - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Here's what I got out of this article:

1. Murder is down around 4% nationwide.

2. Large cities with strict gun control policies show a marked INCREASE in the percentage of violent murders.

- The murder rate in New York is up 14%

- Boston's murder rate is up 46%. Guess they need to ban those knives quick huh?!

- The murder rate in Newark is up 12.5%.

I also think its stupid that New York City has cut their police force by thousands & STILL refuses to let citizens carry there for their own protection. I hate it when the government basically tells you "We cant protect you & we refuse to allow you to protect yourself either!"

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Those same statistics will be used to make an anti-gun argument.

56% of the people can get 82% of the statistics to show what they want 96% of the time.

Notice thats why I said "Here's what I got out of this article." lol

Reading the liberal comments on that story made my brain hurt.

We're simpletons or not educated enough on the facts if we think that gun ownership drives down crime rates... But low inflation and "an aging population" are perfectly reasonable explanations.

I'm so tired of being told I'm an idiot by folks that are clearly delusional.

Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation cited - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Here's what I got out of this article:

1. Murder is down around 4% nationwide.

2. Large cities with strict gun control policies show a marked INCREASE in the percentage of violent murders.

- The murder rate in New York is up 14%

- Boston's murder rate is up 46%. Guess they need to ban those knives quick huh?!

- The murder rate in Newark is up 12.5%.

I also think its stupid that New York City has cut their police force by thousands & STILL refuses to let citizens carry there for their own protection. I hate it when the government basically tells you "We cant protect you & we refuse to allow you to protect yourself either!"

Murder has been going down like that virtually every year since the early 1970s. To chalk the rise in urban homicide rates to not allowing law-abiding citizens to carry firearms is a big leap. Criminologists know that urban areas experience high levels of violent crime due to the extreme poverty that drives the culture where violence is more likely to occur. In other words, the issue isn't the availability of guns in society to deter crime. There are plenty of guns in these cities as we already know. The issue is why these people choose to use a gun in a crime and who the victims are. The first question is the tough one and something that literally dozens of theories have tried to answer with no clear winner. The latter question is much easier to answer. The victims of violent crime is more likely to be people of the same age, race, sex, and geographical location. Crime statistics are clear: most violent crimes, including homicide, are committed by young black males who live in low-income parts of urban areas. The victims are just like them: young, black, male, and poor. This demographic doesn't explain all violent crime, but covers a significant portion of it. For me, the question is one of how we can improve the conditions within our urban areas to make crime less viable and change the cultural values that legitimize violence.