Muschamp ??

laktrash

Bama vs OU in the National Championship Game.

OU won't be there. :) The real NC will be Nov 5 LSU / AL. This is what happens, the Sec "strongest" beats up on each other while weaker conferences just hang around trying to "sop up the gravy". lets me see

2010 Auburn

2009 Fl

2008 Lsu

2007 Fl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
OU won't be there. :) The real NC will be Nov 5 LSU / AL. This is what happens, the Sec "strongest" beats up on each other while weaker conferences just hang around trying to "sop up the gravy". lets me see

2010 Auburn

2009 Fl

2008 Lsu

2007 Fl

LSU won't be playing AL for the SEC title, they r in same division. Florida vs. Bama for SEC title.

Edited by WyattEarp
LSU won't be playing AL for the SEC title, they r in same division. Florida vs. Bama for SEC title.

Yah, he said Nov 5th - that's when we play LSU (regular season).

I'd say as of right now there's little question that the two or three best teams in the league are in the West...

your nc are off

2010 auburn

2009 alabama

2008 florida

2007 lsu

2006 florida

OOPS ! I did leave one out. I guess I was thinking about the excitement of a Boise state vs OK game

Yep "regular season". This is what happens, the sec knocks each other out before the end of the season. If your ranked 1 and 2 play each othe before bowl season somebody is goning to lose top rank. But if your criuise thru the season not playing the top ranked teams you may get a "lucky shot" at the end.

Edited by laktrash
Guest WyattEarp
OOPS ! I did leave one out. I guess I was thinking about the excitement of a Boise state vs OK game

Yep "regular season". This is what happens, the sec knocks each other out before the end of the season. If your ranked 1 and 2 play each othe before bowl season somebody is goning to lose top rank. But if your criuise thru the season not playing the top ranked teams you may get a "lucky shot" at the end.

they could just put all the stupid controversy to rest, by adopting a 16 team playoff format and be done with it. they could still structure it to where the money is the same, not sure what they're so afraid of (ooh...yeah I do, they're afraid of a Boise State upsetting an LSU or Alabama in the BCS Championship Game, like they have already upset Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Georgia, etc), go to a playoff format, and let the best team win.

they could just put all the stupid controversy to rest, by adopting a 16 team playoff format and be done with it. they could still structure it to where the money is the same, not sure what they're so afraid of (ooh...yeah I do, they're afraid of a Boise State upsetting an LSU or Alabama in the BCS Championship Game, like they have already upset Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Georgia, etc), go to a playoff format, and let the best team win.

I like the playoff idea also but the problem with teams like boise is they don't play hard teams on regular bases. I beleive the old " on any given sunday" in this case "saturday" anybody can upset a another team Some of the sports annoucers say they will never get any respect until they play a rougher schedule. I really don't keep up with some of the other teams schedule but look how brutal a schedule you have if you play in the SEC

look at the way that clown dresses...his mother could dress him better. He looks like he just walked out of a disco bar from 1976. Those pants to have to be the most awful thing I have ever seen any coach wear. ;)

You have no idea what you're talking about. He wears the pants in tribute to Bill Battle and Johnny Majors who coached at UT in the 70's.

Keep trolling though.:)

Guest WyattEarp
You have no idea what you're talking about. He wears the pants in tribute to Bill Battle and Johnny Majors who coached at UT in the 70's.

Keep trolling though.;)

i dont care why he wears them or for what reason. he looks ridiculous.

Guest WyattEarp

no, not on GoVolsXtra or any other UT Vols related forum. aside from what I've said in this thread, there isn't much value in talking about UT football, it's as worthless of a subject as discussing the Predators and Titans are. Tennessee sports teams just suck, may they all continue to wallow in mediocrity for the next 100 years.

no, not on GoVolsXtra or any other UT Vols related forum. aside from what I've said in this thread, there isn't much value in talking about UT football, it's as worthless of a subject as discussing the Predators and Titans are. Tennessee sports teams just suck, may they all continue to wallow in mediocrity for the next 100 years.

Now that's not a very nice way to talk if you expect the Titans to let you on their the sideline or Preds to let you come snap some pictures at their games is it? And I'm guessing you have to include MTSU in those Tennessee sports teams too right?

Edited by Jasongar8
Guest WyattEarp
Now that's not a very nice way to talk if you expect the Titans to let you on their the sideline or Preds to let you come snap some pictures at their games is it? And I'm guessing you have to include MTSU in those Tennessee sports teams too right?

it's not the Titans I'm interested in photographing. It's the Denver Broncos I'm interested in photographing. Was really hoping to get on the sideline this weekend, but no can do, instead I'll be in the stands.

I have no interest in shooting hockey.

I go to MTSU, they've had 1 really good season since I've been here, but growing up as an OU fan, it's pretty tough for me to get excited about MTSU, they just don't do anything for me. So to be fair, I don't care one way or another whether MTSU wins or lose. With the way the Bowl Corporatefraud Series is laid out, MTSU will never get to play for a National Championship. However, MTSU plays the Vols on Nov 5th in Knoxville, I'll be on the sideline photographing and I hope MTSU pulls the upset and embarrasses them.

Wow, I've never seen such deep hatred for a sports team, or a really the overall states sports teams from one person, especially one whose team is not in the SEC. I'm in Memphis and Memphis fans hate UT, but I've never seen one hate them as much as you. Memphis fans at least have a gripe due to trying to be a major player but getting no support from the rest of the state. SEC fans, I could see due to the rivalry aspect and playing each other year end and year out.

So again, wow, what hate. I'm not a OU fan, but I have met Buddy Leake and was good friends with his son Steve. I respect their tradition, but don't "like" them.

Edited by db99wj
Wow, I've never seen such deep hatred for a sports team, or a really the overall states sports teams from one person, especially one whose team is not in the SEC. I'm in Memphis and Memphis fans hate UT, but I've never seen one hate them as much as you. Memphis fans at least have a gripe due to trying to be a major player but getting no support from the rest of the state. SEC fans, I could see due to the rivalry aspect and playing each other year end and year out.

So again, wow, what hate. I'm not a OU fan, but I have met Buddy Leake and was good friends with his son Steve.

kinda what I thought , not being a smart a** but if you hate everything here why are you here and not OK

Guest WyattEarp

hating the sports teams here doesn't have anything to do with where I live, lol. Tennessee is a great state (ahem, save for the darn allergies!), there's actually people here who know how to run things in the state government, and local city governments, they how to get things done, how to maintain their highways, I get to keep my money at the end of the year because I don't have to spend a bunch of money paying personal property taxes on my car, boat, house, RV, 4 wheelers, moped, motorcycle, shed and whatever else I own (like in some other states) and I don't have to pay a state income tax. There is a ton of fun stuff to do here in Tennessee, the mountains are but a few hours away, Cincinnati is 5 hours away, pensacola is 6 hours drive, Atlanta is 3 hours away, it's just really centralized to a lot of different things and most of the people are really friendly. I love it here, lots of good things have happened here, and a lot of good opportunities have come up for me here, that I otherwise might not have had if I had stayed in Missouri.

I'm just not a fan of the sports teams here. but if it makes you feel any better, I share my hatred of Tennessee sports teams with the rest of the SEC teams (save Alabama, more out of respect for Bama's heritage/tradition and greats like Bear Bryant). I despise Auburn, Florida, Vandy (who shouldn't even be in the SEC to begin with), MSU, and especially LSU....ugh, can not stand LSU. The Vols honestly remind me of the Kansas City Chiefs, always high expectations, they talk big talk, but they can't walk the walk. Always overrated, always disappointing, and they can't get out of their own way on or off the field.

hating the sports teams here doesn't have anything to do with where I live, lol. Tennessee is a great state (ahem, save for the darn allergies!), there's actually people here who know how to run things in the state government, and local city governments, they how to get things done, how to maintain their highways, I get to keep my money at the end of the year because I don't have to spend a bunch of money paying personal property taxes on my car, boat, house, RV, 4 wheelers, moped, motorcycle, shed and whatever else I own (like in some other states) and I don't have to pay a state income tax. There is a ton of fun stuff to do here in Tennessee, the mountains are but a few hours away, Cincinnati is 5 hours away, pensacola is 6 hours drive, Atlanta is 3 hours away, it's just really centralized to a lot of different things and most of the people are really friendly. I love it here, lots of good things have happened here, and a lot of good opportunities have come up for me here, that I otherwise might not have had if I had stayed in Missouri.

I'm just not a fan of the sports teams here. but if it makes you feel any better, I share my hatred of Tennessee sports teams with the rest of the SEC teams (save Alabama, more out of respect for Bama's heritage/tradition and greats like Bear Bryant). I despise Auburn, Florida, Vandy (who shouldn't even be in the SEC to begin with), MSU, and especially LSU....ugh, can not stand LSU. The Vols honestly remind me of the Kansas City Chiefs, always high expectations, they talk big talk, but they can't walk the walk. Always overrated, always disappointing, and they can't get out of their own way on or off the field.

Gotcha ! i understand just the sports. You hate The SEC just like I hate "america's team" the cowgirls. Glad to know you like everything else and with time you'll come to your senses about the sports ;)

Guest WyattEarp
Gotcha ! i understand just the sports. You hate The SEC just like I hate "america's team" the cowgirls. Glad to know you like everything else and with time you'll come to your senses about the sports ;)

lol, i wouldn't count on it! now if it comes down to needing the Titans to beat a team, so the Broncos can get a playoff spot (tie breaker situation or for the Broncos to have home field advantage), then yeah, I could potentially show a little love....but that's where I have to draw the line...lulz.

and rolling my eyes at "America's Team"...what a sacrilege. "America's Team" has more bandwagon fans who jump on and off the wagon, faster than any other franchise in the NFL.