Question for people who carry revolvers

How do you carry extra ammo? I carry a J-frame and currently do not carry any extra ammo. Speed loaders are to bulky to keep in my pockets and I do not want to carry loose ammo. Has anybody come up with a good way to carry extra ammo?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Speed Strip is NOT a tachnique at a strip bar near closing time!

It works well for those of us carrying a "J" frame or snubby "K" frame.

I am on the thin side, and the smaller profile of the "J" frame is easier to conceal than an auto of any signifigant caliber.

In my dog eared book, the 9X19 is minimum in an auto. Also, the smallest autos have more of a propensity for stoppages at very inopportune moments.

The answer is pretty well. You have to strip off the rounds into the cylinder. It isnt lightening fast and doesnt look kewl like slapping another clip in. But it'll work for an administrative reload.

The other answer is the SKS stripper clip. Costs about $1. Can load 10 rounds of .38/.357 with no problem. Can be cut to fit as well.

Guest nj.piney

i use a 2x2 belt pouch it holds six rounds,2 in each pocket, you draw 2 at a time and load them its faster than a speed strip and rides flat on your belt

Guest Loaded247

When I wear my Model 10 Snub Nose, or my Model 19 2 1/2, then I will carry an extra speedloader in a pouch on my belt. It's a pouch that I designed and made, and makes carrying that extra load easy and comfortable. Still, I will ALSO drop an extra speedloader in my pocket as well, so I essentially have two reloads for the gun....

Guest TNDixieGirl
If someone has already drawn a gun on me....I'll shoot them where ever I can!!

Ditto. Her life was in danger no matter what direction those 3 were standing/running when shot.