SPRAY FOAM INSULATION INSTALLERS?

kieefer

I'm getting ready to remove the mat insulation from the crawlspace under my house. I'll be looking for quotes to use spray foam insulation in place of this mat type. I am aware that quotes are by sq. ft. and since I'm removing the present insulation it looks to me like a spray and go job......unless there is some more prep work that I'm not aware of.

I'm looking for feedback from forum users on the spray foam process, those that have used it, if it's the best way to go, contractors that do this and if anyone here does this type of work.

Any advice and comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person I know who has used this ended up buying the equipment and doing it himself because he had a hard time finding anyone who did it around here. I don't think that would be a good option unless you were doing your whole house, but either way, he said it was not that hard to do if you had the stuff.

I know that is not the info you were looking for, but it could be a bit of an indication of how available a good service is.

Only thing that is going to be under it is flooring.

Much of mine had water damage and fell loose. I have hardwood and it's like walking on ice in the winter, not sure if the foam will make a big difference but I'm sure it's going to be better than what I had.

Spray foam is also much more efficient that mat type, doing a web search shows a lot of info on it.

IF I were building a new house I would use it throughout.

• 1 month later...

FYI

I had gotten 3 estimates, called 5 contractors but 2 weren't interested apparently.

All three were pretty close in price and all wanted to add an option for additional work.

Dale Insulation won the bid with customer service and follow-up. Two legal mexicans (I hope) did the work in 5 hrs. Looks real good and the difference in floor temp is noticeable.

Very happy with the results and recommend Dale to anyone.