Carrying while driving?

Guest .45Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Normally, I put it in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat. Sometimes I bring along an extra gun just to keep in the car. I keep that in a modified IWB holster that clips onto the pocket on the back of the passenger seat.

Guest tadams
98% of the time still on me however I chose to carry that day. Occasionally in the center console, rarely on the passenger seat either open or concealed.

times 2. :D

In the future, I do plan to upsize my gun and not my dinner. In doing so, I'm gonna have to lose a little weight to make an IWB a better alternative.

Guest Boomhower
What ammo do you use while driving?

Another great topic. I think I'll start another thread off of your idea, if you don't mind. :D

Guest Grout
What ammo do you use while driving?

I prefer a higher velocity(+p+) when driving because the extra velocity will offset the speed of the attackers car.:confused: Mall ninja mode off:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Southron Boy

I'm interested in suggestions for this one.

I'm overfed and left-handed. Having something in the door by my strong hand leaves me no room to move, between the door, the steering wheel and the console.

I may have to work on some weak side drills to adapt to this.

Guest canynracer
Where ever it was when I left the house. I will usually pull a cover garment up over it so I have easy access to it in the event of a car jacking. BTW, it is usually about an inch from the seatbelt release (I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt) so I can tell Mr. Badguy hang on while I remove my seatbelt so I can get out of the car....

Again, it would depend on the situation.

+700000000

Guest canynracer
There's a cool little bag that can be attached to the seatbelt or in my car it can be wedged by the console, allowing good access from the right hand side. If I am going on a long trip I'll keep the weapon in it instead of a holster- I can reholster when I exit the vehicle, but this bag keeps the weapon stable and accessible. It is called a safepacker and it is sold at thewilderness.com

safe_car2.jpg

safe_car3.jpgsafe_car4.jpg

whos the lady??????:up:

Guest kwikrnu
I bought a shoulder rig for long trips to avoid adjusting and reholstering while getting out at gas stations etc, but for short trips I either sit it on the passenger seat covered up, between the seat and console or on my hip.

Why remove it from the holster? I always thought if you were in a crash then you may not be able to find the gun.

Is it a vertical? I had a horizontal and it was easy to draw.

Why remove it from the holster? I always thought if you were in a crash then you may not be able to find the gun.

Is it a vertical? I had a horizontal and it was easy to draw.

Only time I ever removed from the holster was when I carried in my Blackhawk. I have low sports car seats and the thing would jam up into my side.

The shoulder rig is the Miami Classic and it's the horizontal. I'm liking it so far. Conceals awesome under a bowling type shirt.

Guest kwikrnu
Only time I ever removed from the holster was when I carried in my Blackhawk. I have low sports car seats and the thing would jam up into my side.

The shoulder rig is the Miami Classic and it's the horizontal. I'm liking it so far. Conceals awesome under a bowling type shirt.

Oh, Okay. I really liked my shoulder holster for driving. It was bulman and I had it for my 1911. The only problem was when it was too hot for a cover shirt. People would be aware you were carrying a big gun with a couple extra magazines.

Guest canynracer
Oh, Okay. I really liked my shoulder holster for driving. It was bulman and I had it for my 1911. The only problem was when it was too hot for a cover shirt. People would be aware you were carrying a big gun with a couple extra magazines.

ummmm....dont you open carry?

Guest kwikrnu
ummmm....dont you open carry?

Not all of the time. I have found there is a big difference between a shoulder holster and cheap hip holster. One is extremely noticeable while the other isn't so much so. I don't have one of those thigh holster tactical jobs, but I'll bet those are real attention getters as well.