Carrying while driving?

Guest .45Jon

Guest .45Jon

Just curious to see what alot you do with your pistol while driving...do you keep it on you, sit it on the pass seat displayed openly or concealed, or a secret hiding place :D?...or do you carry one on you and one somewhere in the car?

I usually keep it right between me and the center console in another holster kinda wedged.

Edited by .45Jon
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For regular driving... right hand side.

If I'm driving a long distance...

One truck I can attach my Fobus to the Driver door at the bottom

or it's in the center console. Other truck it's in the holster under a towel

on the seat neat to me.

In the camaro... hmmmm good question. Since it's not running yet

I don't. Once it it is... I guess strong side again, or in the center console.

Might be able to rig somthing in there as well, but not likely.

Guest someguy12341

IWB strong-side (right-handed.) The odds of me being able to reach over and draw from the weak side, get it up to the window and react before I'm 'acted upon' are pretty poor.

YMMV.

Where ever it was when I left the house. I will usually pull a cover garment up over it so I have easy access to it in the event of a car jacking. BTW, it is usually about an inch from the seatbelt release (I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt) so I can tell Mr. Badguy hang on while I remove my seatbelt so I can get out of the car....

Again, it would depend on the situation.

Guest jackdog

Have my Bug in holster right by the seat belt release. Easy access. Carry weapon on my person. When leaving the Vehicle bug is placed in my front pocket in its holster. Bug =P3AT

There's a cool little bag that can be attached to the seatbelt or in my car it can be wedged by the console, allowing good access from the right hand side. If I am going on a long trip I'll keep the weapon in it instead of a holster- I can reholster when I exit the vehicle, but this bag keeps the weapon stable and accessible. It is called a safepacker and it is sold at thewilderness.com

safe_car2.jpg

safe_car3.jpgsafe_car4.jpg

Edited by ZenDog
  • Administrator

Since I lost about 70lbs, I've found that it is a lot easier to just carry in the car exactly like I carry out of the car. IWB, strong side. I may remove the gun from the holster and place it in the center console or door pocket if I am on an especially long trip.

The best way to carry IWB in a car is to eat a salad every once in a while, do some cardio a few times a week, crunches every day...

;)

Guest db99wj
Since I lost about 70lbs, I've found that it is a lot easier to just carry in the car exactly like I carry out of the car. IWB, strong side. I may remove the gun from the holster and place it in the center console or door pocket if I am on an especially long trip.

The best way to carry IWB in a car is to eat a salad every once in a while, do some cardio a few times a week, crunches every day...

;)

Blah, buy bigger pants is easier:p, kidding, I lost ten pounds so that I didn't have to buy all new pants.

With my CTAC it is more comfortable with the gun in it, I hate wearing it without, but if I am in a bad part of town looking at properties, I use the XD gear holster that came with the gun, and slide my XD into it, which is between the seat and the console, right in front of the seat belt release. It doesn't move because when I am sitting, the seat expands and keeps it snug

Guest HexHead

On one of Tom Gresham's episodes of "Personal Defense" that he did at Gunsite Academy, they showed a drill for carrying in the car. Wear the holster on your strong side, typically the right. Slide both hands down the seat belt, unhooking it with the left hand while drawing the pistol with the right. Slide the pistol over the top of the steering wheel (using the wheel) to bring to the side window.

The one on my side is pretty well useless while in the car as my not inconsiderable bulk makes getting to it tough. I am carrying a BHP in the center console with an extra mag there too.

The BHP has one in the chamber but hammer is not cocked. I am just not comfortable leaving it in there with the hammer cocked and on safe. It also barely fits. Anyone have suggestions?

ZenDog, what is that thing called? Looks like something I'd like to check out.