Dickies Jeans and Pocket Carry

This is strictly for those who pocket carry. I carry a 642 or a 637 in right front pocket. My wife recently decided I need to upgrade my blue jeans to a "better" brand.I normally wear Wranglers or Faded Glory relaxed Fit Carpenter jeans. She bought me a pair of Dickies (cost twice as much, so have to be "nicer") Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jeans.

Right front pocket is tiny for blue jeans! With all of my holsters but one, The grip sticks out of top of pocket. Also, I cannot get my hand in around grip, and I have very small hands! Nemesis and GALCO Pro are extremely tight fit and grips are showing. Pro-Grabber and Bianchi Pocket Change are a total no-fit. Forget Mika, no way! The only holster that I have that fits is the Aholster (Kydex) and it fits real good. I still have problem with getting both hand and gun in pocket however.

Taking jeans to tailor would help length but width is the problem.

For at least this case, more expensive is not better!

(Please don't tell me what a fool I am that I didn't buy the $49.95 special "Tactical"jeans . If you can't fit your weapon and holster into market clothing, IMHO you are carrying the wrong weapon or you are one of those real Politicians with several million dollars of other peoples' money in your bank account. I don't pay $49.95 for dress pants, much less for blue jeans.

In the meantime, I will reserve the Dickies for winter wear when I can OWB with a sweater or a jacket.

Edited by wjh2657
formatting
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand and type matter for sure. I use levi's and can get my px4 in but its a tight fit in a holster and works better without a holster for that gun. My wife struggles with her p238 in most women's jeans -- women are expected to carry their stuff in a purse and pockets are tiny. Pockets vary so much that I would try the pants on with the gun before buying, if possible or with a block of wood or something of the same size if not allowed at your store. You can get a lot into a pocket if you buy the right clothing and gun combo but it takes a fair amount of work to get there.

I use a Desantis Superfly in all of my jeans. It is not much bigger than my snubbie (S&W 442) and it grips the pocket real well.

DeSantis Super Fly Pocket Holster S&W J-Frame

Yo, you be the man! Tried my SuperFly without the flap/guard. Fits! still a little close for any kind of a quick grab, but i could live with it. Still think I am going to stick with my Wranglers/Faded Glory jeans for future buys though, bodacious pockets!

Yo, you be the man! Tried my SuperFly without the flap/guard. Fits! still a little close for any kind of a quick grab, but i could live with it. Still think I am going to stick with my Wranglers/Faded Glory jeans for future buys though, bodacious pockets!

Awesome. I rarely use the flap.