Obama shows no respect

Glenn

This picture was one of about a dozen that I got in an email that show Obama's disrespect for the Whitehouse.

feetondesk.jpg

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute and was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.

It is considered a national treasure and icon of the presidency.

The White House belongs to the People of America and should be more revered than to use anything and everythingfor a foot rest! What all these shots have in common is that they continue to prove that this man has no class!

SO HERE'S A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA:

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya or Indonesia, or public housing in Chicago .

With all due respect, get your xxxxxxx feet off our desk!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably do the same, sometimes putting your feet up helps. If the thing is too valuable to use, get it out of there. If it is meant to be used, then use it. If it were me and someone told me to take care of it due to its age, I would send their butt down to walmart for one I could use and tell them to stow this one out of my way.

Guest GunTroll

I for one would like to sneak up and knock is feet off the desk and then look at his big dumb facial expression of how I just disrespected him. Maybe I'm all alone here.

Guess I'll do it in my mind and hopefully America will knock him out of the WH very soon.

Meh. Non issue. A quick Google search shows pictures of Ford and George W. Bush with their feet on the desk. I am sure I could find more if I spent the time looking for them.

Bigger issues to worry about here than feet on the desk.

I can only imagine what body parts of who might have been on mr desk in the clinton era.

Perhaps some are forgetting that the president is not required to use The Resolute Desk at all. He can have it put in safe storage and have any other desk brought in to use or abuse as he wishes. While I disagree that he's absolutely being disrespectful he certainly is being thoughtless - which seems on par with most other things he does - but it pales in comparison to what I imagine Bill & Monica did on it.

EDIT: Doh! Someone beat me to the Clinton crack, but it is still pertinent.

Edited by SWJewellTN

I can't see the second set of photos but if it the one where he has the bottom of his shoe against the side of the desk I think its pretty disrespectful. This would do damage to fine peice of history. Proped up on top is not so bad I sometimes prop my feet up on mine at home but I don't walk on it. I realize there are of bigger issues at hand, but this typical of his attitude of everything in general. "misplaced values"

It's a DESK people. I'm sure it has seen a lot worse than someone's shoes. As someone else said, there are more pressing adult issues that need to be criticized, not something trivial that I'm positive every other President has done. If it's so priceless, it should be in the Smithsonian or something.

Guest justluck

I have a huge problem with the picture. My mother taught us (my brother & sis) that feet should never be placed on the furniture. Incidentally, the desk probably is priceless.

I have a huge problem with the picture. My mother taught us (my brother & sis) that feet should never be placed on the furniture. Incidentally, the desk probably is priceless.

The desk is indeed priceless. And as we all know contains hidden maps to a treasure...oh wait, that was just a movie. :rofl:

But it was built in a time when craftsmanship meant something and quality was not an option but a requirement. My guess is Fred Astaire could tap dance across that thing and you'd never know it. So I doubt some rubber soled shoes are going to harm it. The question of manners is up to you. I personally see nothing wrong with feet on the desk. I put my feet on my desk at work just about every day.

If you had this desk in your home would you put your shoes on it ?? no replys necessary just ask yourself.

I'm out !! let's let Sasha paint over some of the paintings since they are there and not in the Smithsonian. Its Bush' fault for leaving the stuff there. :rofl:

Edited by laktrash
Guest justluck
The desk is indeed priceless. And as we all know contains hidden maps to a treasure...oh wait, that was just a movie. :mad:

But it was built in a time when craftsmanship meant something and quality was not an option but a requirement. My guess is Fred Astaire could tap dance across that thing and you'd never know it. So I doubt some rubber soled shoes are going to harm it. The question of manners is up to you. I personally see nothing wrong with feet on the desk. I put my feet on my desk at work just about every day.

But, I'll bet your work desk was not made by Queen Victoria's craftsmen. :rofl:

Anyway, George Bush made him do it.

Guest GunTroll

I'm bothered by the feet on the desk. I'm bothered he is in the office. I'm bothered he is in the office, in the house that so many great leaders occupied at one time. I'm bothered idiots elected him. I'm bothered we haven't figured a way to kick him out yet due to lack of competency. I'm bothered in every way that he is called President. The picture bothers me.

So all you " I have no problem... It's just a desk" crowd...thats fine. Its just a desk, sure. Damn important, just a desk, with a tool sitting behind it and propping his feet on it. He deserves a walmart particle board made in China desk thats stored in some 7/11 bathroom if you ask me.

I'm bothered by the feet on the desk. I'm bothered he is in the office. I'm bothered he is in the office, in the house that so many great leaders occupied at one time. I'm bothered idiots elected him. I'm bothered we haven't figured a way to kick him out yet due to lack of competency. I'm bothered in every way that he is called President. The picture bothers me.

So all you " I have no problem... It's just a desk" crowd...thats fine. Its just a desk, sure. Damn important, just a desk, with a tool sitting behind it and propping his feet on it. He deserves a walmart particle board made in China desk thats stored in some 7/11 bathroom if you ask me.

:D:up: