Anyone carry in the restroom?

Guest Grout

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit- well dang, Double After Split posted a better version of this at the same time I posted ---see above post!

There was an incident a few weeks ago where a Shelby County deputy left her pistol in the women's room at a courthouse or something-- don't remember exactly. They recovered the weapon- she got a letter in her file or something like that.

Edited by ZenDog
Guest db99wj

Heard a story a few weeks ago from a Memphis City LEO and he got called to a quick stop for a "gun found" call. Got their, it was an XD. He got it, ran the numbers, not reported stolen or anything and he was processing it, doing the paperwork off to the side of the store. A guy walks in, goes straight to the bathroom, comes out, pale and with a Oh sh#$ look on his face, walks up to the cop and says I lost my gun. The cop had moved it so that he could not see it. He went through some questioning and asked what it was, he said an XD. So he continued on checking everything. Gave him a lecture, gave him his gun and sent him on his way.

This event happened around the time of the cop in the restroom, we were talking about that when he brought that up.

Edited by db99wj
Guest Grout

I heard a Massad Ayoob story of a cop who hung his Glock on the coat hook.When he grabbed it his hand moved up and pushed the trigger against the hook,it fired several rds before jamming.

Guest Revelator
Edit- well dang, Double After Split posted a better version of this at the same time I posted ---see above post!

There was an incident a few weeks ago where a Shelby County deputy left her pistol in the women's room at a courthouse or something-- don't remember exactly. They recovered the weapon- she got a letter in her file or something like that.

Yeah I jumped right on it. It's amazing how fast you can find stuff on Google.

Guest Grout
I wonder why people want to know what Im carrying in the bathroom?

I figured with all these nosey ass questions everybody was posting this would fit right in.

Like most office buildings, all the suites in my building use a common restroom. The stall walls dont go all the way to the floor. So for major transactions I have to unclip my IWB and put it on top of the toilet paper holder. I have not forgotten it, at least not yet.

Guest TNDixieGirl

omg not ANOTHER "do you carry *insert favorite place here*" question!!! osc28k.jpg

My Dr. Seuss style answer:

Yes, I carry in my car,

I do not carry in a bar.

I do carry on a train,

I do not carry on a plane.

I do carry in my house,

For I might have to shoot a mouse.

I do not carry if against the rules,

So I do not carry when at school.

I do carry when at work, in my church and when I pee,

There I've told you, now leave me be.

Edited by TNDixieGirl
Guest TNDixieGirl

Good question Kahrman, let me make one small edit to my li'l rhyme.

I never did snow ski, and I haven't done it on the water in 20+ years. So I need to make it more honest! :D

EDIT: Ok, I fixed it.

Edited by TNDixieGirl
Guest DrBoomBoom

When I go to the restroom, it's strapped securely in my pants. Then I take it out, hold it while I do my business, once again carefully secure it in my pants and leave.

Edited by DrBoomBoom
When I go to the restroom, it's strapped securely in my pants. Then I take it out, hold it while I do my business, once again carefully secure it in my pants and leave.

I think he was referring to your handgun.

I dont in my own house, unless it's just the 642 Smith in my pocket and I havent taken it out yet. In a public rest room obviously so (what else are you gonna do with it??).

One issue is that a holstered gun has a tendency to fall out when you let go of your belt.

One technique I heard for sitting on the crapper is to put the gun on top of your underwear between your knees (is this graphic enough for everyone? Do you want pics?). THis way the gun is ready to hand and you arent likely to walk off without it.