Massachusetts Logic: Knives Stab People....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have a handgun in Mass. You can get a resident or non resident CCW there too. They will look for any reason afterwards to revoke it. If your shirt is blown up by a gust of wind and someone calls in a MWAG you will not only lose your permit but also most likely face charges.

After all,their license plates says " The Spirit of America" LOL

Guest ArmaDeFuego

What a joke. They better also mandate that all cars only be able to go 10 miles & hour & have to have foam on the bumpers, 'cause you could use a car as a weapon & run over someone. Also, they need to outlaw baseball bats ASAP, 'cause those can cause a nasty concussion. Better outlaw stoves too, because you might heat up boiling water & throw it on someone. Ummm lets see what else should we ban so no one will get hurt?

You can have a handgun in Mass. You can get a resident or non resident CCW there too. They will look for any reason afterwards to revoke it. If your shirt is blown up by a gust of wind and someone calls in a MWAG you will not only lose your permit but also most likely face charges.

After all,their license plates says " The Spirit of America" LOL

Have you ever looked at the application for a Class A permit? Class A allows high-cap mags and is the only one that allows carry. My lady's family is up there and I've looked into a non-resident permit. You have to appear in person for the final stages of a permit approval. Blech.

No idea if the ban passed or not.

I never said they were easy to get. Just that they are "available". I was surprised how many folks there actually do have them. I have never met anyone with a Mass non resident permit. Unfortunately a lot of the discretion is up to your chief of police. Same as in Corrupticut if your town has it's own Police Dept. Many Police Chiefs are anti gun. Not so much in more rural areas.

When I lived in CT . The Glastonbury police dept. broke many of the State laws in regard to background checks on applicant's. They would even call your wife and ask about your behavior and state of mind! They would call your immediate neighbors as well! The State gun board and the local depts. make up there on laws based on their opinions or the opinions of their handlers. All in all it is A LOT easier to get a permit in CT than in Mass. Some smaller town dept's in CT are not completely anti gun but I can assure you,all the major cities there are. But then they are also all sanctuary cities also. Many rural towns in CT do not have their own PD and are serviced by the State Police. The whole transaction for permits with them are much faster and a lot less complicated. You're a lot less likely to see a harassment from the State Police. I never bothered getting a permit there because I knew I wasn't staying. It was a strange experience and I'm glad it didn't last longer than 6 years.

Pretty damn sad this is where it all started for our country and by the looks of it may end there.

Edited by hornett22
Guest lostpass
What a joke. They better also mandate that all cars only be able to go 10 miles & hour & have to have foam on the bumpers, 'cause you could use a car as a weapon & run over someone. Also, they need to outlaw baseball bats ASAP, 'cause those can cause a nasty concussion. Better outlaw stoves too, because you might heat up boiling water & throw it on someone. Ummm lets see what else should we ban so no one will get hurt?

You laugh about styrofoam bumpers but they probably already use them.

Also, if you notice you don't see any badges that stick up anymore. Like the old mercedes badge to the old jaguar on your hood.

The reason you don't see these, I am told (don't know for sure) is because these could impale a pedestrian or something.

I get it that you were joking but sadly, as far as I know, your jokes reflected reality.

Guest Sgt. Joe

WOW and to think that the people in that city who were "subjects" at the time had the gall to throw the King's taxable tea into the harbor!

Now the powers that be in that state are full of more than just BeanTown gas, some kind of gas full of drugs if they really think that the banning of knives will help in any way. Obviously they DO think and believe such nonsense:screwy:

I knew it was bad up there but I had no idea of just how bad.:rolleyes:

It seems to me that those folks are not much better off now than they were then and in the case of personal protection they are much worse off.

Types of Licenses

There are 3 types of Licenses that you can get:

FID Card - A Firearms Identification Card is good for shotguns and rifles only. So if you plan on hunting, you can just go for one of these cards.

OK so a lot of states have a hunting license requirement but in Mass. it seems that a person needs such a license just to have a long gun in their house. The way that the link is worded it seems as if you told them that you wanted the shotgun for home protection rather than hunting that you may well be denied.

LTC Class A - A Class A License to Carry allows you to purchase "high capacity" weapons. A high capacity weapon is defined as a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds or a shotgun that holds more than 5 founds. Also, if you get an unrestricted Class A LTC, you can carry a concealed handgun. Note: If you're in Boston, chances are you won't get approved for an unrestricted Class A.

This does not explain how a person's Class A license is determined to be restricted or not. I could not on the linked page see anywhere where that part was explained, who makes it or what goes into that decision. It is bad enough if it is county by county but since they mention Boston it makes me wonder if these decisions are made city by city.

We all know that our state is far from perfect but at least we can drive the 400+ mile length of it without changing our method of carry once we have been bought the privilege to do so. Can you even imagine having to change that method at every county line along I-40:eek:

LTC Class B - A Class B License to Carry does not allow you to purchase "high capacity" weapons. Also, Class B licenses do not allow the option of carrying a concealed handgun.

So this one means that a person can have a handgun so long as it only has a ten round or lessor magazine and they always leave it at home or OC the weapon. I dont know for certain but somehow I dont think that any OC is going to go over well in that state LTC or not.

What a joke all of that is, and coming from one of our major founding states it really is sickening, heartbreaking actually.

And just what is this deal about having to use a 38 Special on any shooting test? While it may not be the hardest round to shoot it also is not the easiest either.

A frail old person or any person for that matter that may really need some personal protection may well not even be able to shoot a 38sp. With the nerve damage that I have, I dont do all that well with a 38sp DAO myself and I am sure that I am still stronger than a whole lot of folks who may need personal protection.

We can only hope that SCOTUS sometime soon says that "Shall not be infringed" applies to the states as well as the Feds. I am not one who likes to see Federal intervention in anything, but some things need to be clarified and clarified once and for evermore. Our 2-A rights are one of those things.

I've felt for a long time that the American spirit that valued freedom so much is giving way to Americans valuing security more; both physical and financial. We are too quick to create knee jerk policies which don't address the problem, but instead make people feel more secure. This keeps politicians in office and the easily manipulated masses happy. Restricting blades doesn't solve anything, but it convinces the public that steps are being taken to prevent crime even if it's not. The willingness of Americans to continue to surrender their rights for security is putting us on the path to be like Europe in the next few decades.