Plasticman vs Plasticman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Paul will get my write-in because he has no chance getting the Republican nomination. I know he will lose but I'm tired of the "lesser of two evils" voting.

So ... getting the worse of two evils is better?

Personally, I'm starting to adjust myself to the idea of a second term lame duck Obama administration. That will surely be a much better plan!

Personally, I'm starting to adjust myself to the idea of a second term lame duck Obama administration. That will surely be a much better plan!

+1,000

I would rather have no new legislation than anything that can thought up by either party. You never hear of old laws being repealled but you sure here about all the new ones being introduced.

Dolomite

+1,000

I would rather have no new legislation than anything that can thought up by either party. You never hear of old laws being repealled but you sure here about all the new ones being introduced.

Dolomite

Wouldn't that be the same as a RonPaul presidency?

I'm still looking for his supporters in the house and senate?

Guest Lester Weevils

A president who would veto 99 percent of the carp that comes across his desk could help. That way the only "bad" things which could get passed would require a super-majority from both worthless parties.

Maybe not. But this time around I am voting for who I think is the best candidate and nobody else.

Me too. I honestly don't think any of them are any better, if they are even as good, as McCain. The Republicans put up a pretty sorry lot this time around, Ron Paul excluded. Of course when you get right down to it, there may be an R next to his name, but he's a Libertarian through and through.

Sig, you seem to get very upset when people voice their opinions. Ron Paul has a snow ball's chance of getting elected. Even if by some divine intervention he did, he would most certainly be a one term-er. He would get nothing accomplished on either side of the aisle. He would be viewed as another failed right wing attempt at running the country and would open the doors wide for another Barack Obama.

That's my opinion at least.

Edited by bkelm18
Maybe not. But this time around I am voting for who I think is the best candidate and nobody else.

Last election it didn't matter. All the 3rd party votes combined wouldn't have defeated Obama had they gone to McLame.

This time around they could very well reelect him.

I think stopping Obama must be the prime directive this time around, period. And giving the winner the congressional majority to try for what I see as one last try.

Personally, I think the upside down pyramid that comprises American is toppling and it's too late to prevent the continuing decline, but there's no reason to speed it up, or lower the bottom to which we fall. So yeah, I get "lesser of two evils" as still being evil, but one side is SO evil now, I'm tending to think of "greater good", however arguable that "good" may be.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Last election it didn't matter. All the 3rd party votes combined wouldn't have defeated Obama had they gone to McLame.

This time around they could very well reelect him.

I think stopping Obama must be the prime directive this time around, period. And giving the winner the congressional majority to try for what I see as one last try.

- OS

:P

Sig, you seem to get very upset when people voice their opinions. Ron Paul has a snow ball's chance of getting elected. Even if by some divine intervention he did, he would most certainly be a one term-er. He would get nothing accomplished on either side of the aisle. He would be viewed as another failed right wing attempt at running the country and would open the doors wide for another Barack Obama.

That's my opinion at least.

I don't get upset with opinions at all. It's my opinion that most folks expect a biased,self interest media to provide them accurate information. I also feel that looking to the current bunch of elected criminals for support of Ron Paul is crazy.

Yeah, I went back to make sure I didn't miss anything, but just curious what gave the impression that I got upset? Discussions tend to be a back and forth thing. Kieefer made a statement that I was trying to clarify in my mind. It seemed as though he was saying that he voted based on who he thought other people would vote for. These electable candidates... I am trying to get a handle on how folks are able to decide who is electable.?.?

Edited by sigmtnman
After his comments tonight, we won't have anything to worry about. Keep plugging though :D

And good luck to you plugging against him. Glad you have made your decision. Go with who satisfies your conscience.

I can go look at the public voting record and see exactly where Ron Paul stands, because he has consistently voted in support of the constitution. The other guys have adopted many of Paul's policies even though they have historically acted in a manner that does not support those same policies.

Guest TresOsos

With the current crop of Republicrats running Big O gets re-elected.

As for voting for the lesser of two evils.....it's still voting for evil...and just where has that got us.

And good luck to you plugging against him. Glad you have made your decision. Go with who satisfies your conscience.

I can go look at the public voting record and see exactly where Ron Paul stands, because he has consistently voted in support of the constitution. The other guys have adopted many of Paul's policies even though they have historically acted in a manner that does not support those same policies.

I haven't made my decision and Oh Shoot made the point,

"I think stopping Obama must be the prime directive this time around, period. And giving the winner the congressional majority to try for what I see as one last try."

You and other Paul voters will hurt the main objective.

If in time the majority begins to think like Paul, including your local representatives, then "his" thinking will be more accepted. Since Reagan there really hasn't been this many candidates talking about getting back to the Constitution, not until this marxist got in office. Paul has backed it from the beginning but too many others have not. Might as well include the whole Democratic party for that fact.

I'm glad Paul has carried the cause and I like some of his ideas but he's not mainstream and that's another reason why he can't get elected.

Hopefully his son will have a better chance one day.