48 NYC shootings in a week

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Guest ArmaDeFuego

48 NYC shootings in a weekend: Trend or random tragedy? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

My favorite quote from this story:

"New York state reportedly had some of the strictest gun laws in the country, but Bloomberg wants Washington's help. He spoke outside a hospital where the officers were being treated.

'This is a national problem requiring national leadership,' he said, according to the Los Angeles Times. 'But at the moment, neither end of Pennsylvania Avenue has the courage to take basic steps that would save lives.'"

How about taking the basic step of allowing the LAW ABIDING citizens of NYC to carry guns for their own self protection? Huh? You ever thought about that?

I would call him a bunch of 4 letter words right now but I dont wanna get banned from the forums. ;)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is appealing to Washington to do something. Like what? I ask. Some sweeping federal legislation that will bring gun laws under one unbrella instead of a "state by state patchwork of laws" (Obama's words). Weapons found in NYC might be traceable to some other state, so ALL states must be shut down, cleaned up, brought into the federal power play. And we all know idiot Bloomberg is not appearing to support law abiding citzens right to self protection. He probably wants a big Washington take over. Am I way off base?

I saw that today and knew the idiocy of Bloomturd's statement would get the collective blood boiling. Obviously the shootings in NYC are everyone else's fault. If what you're doing doesn't fix the problem, try even harder and blame others. That'll work.

Guest msparks
He is appealing to Washington to do something. Like what? I ask. Some sweeping federal legislation that will bring gun laws under one unbrella instead of a "state by state patchwork of laws" (Obama's words). Weapons found in NYC might be traceable to some other state, so ALL states must be shut down, cleaned up, brought into the federal power play. And we all know idiot Bloomberg is not appearing to support law abiding citzens right to self protection. He probably wants a big Washington take over. Am I way off base?

That's what they have said before, it's Virginia's fault along with gun shows. Which is absurd. Seems Virginia doesn't have the probelms.

I think it's New York's Problem they should put a fence around the place and keep all of them out of the rest of the US. Or something else just as absurd.

Guest TnRebel

here is where he is to blame and not law abiding citizens.

The weekend's bloodshed put a fine point on figures the FBI released in May showing that violent crime was down throughout the country in the past year but up in New York. The New York Police Department released its own report in January, available in full here (PDF), which visually lays out all of the city's 536 homicides in 2010.

Bloomberg wants Washington's help?

Wait, Washington and the other founding Fathers already did help. It is called the Constitution and the Amendments.

He should really take a close look at number 2.

How about taking the basic step of allowing the LAW ABIDING citizens of NYC to carry guns for their own self protection? Huh? You ever thought about that?

Can only lead a horse to water, just can't make him drink.

Edited by vontar

bloomberg, new york city . . .

And you try to apply logic to the siuation.

Wait there is logic, new york city buncha shootings and so

blooberg wants help from Washington DC . . . Yeah right!

On one the celebrations where shootings occurred have had fatal shooting in at least two previous years.

On my "Bucket List" of places to visit it is yet another I can leave off.