College Student Defends Himself

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glocks-R-Us

Good for him! I hate to think what "could've" happened if he didn't have his HCP. Love stories like this that end in a more positive light. Nice link Waynesan.

Good for him. It's good to see college students carrying legally. This should be a message for all students and Universities. Oh, and too bad the little blue emergency box wasn't close by...that would have prevented this whole ordeal.

Must be tougher to carry one of those call boxes around than a cop.

Guest msparks

Make sure you travel in packs so the armed robber can get a bigger bounty when he commits his crimes. Why steal one wallet when I can get a pack of them.

Yes, they need mobile blue boxes that will protect those kids!

I originally thought that the incident happened on campus, and was going to comment on how I wish I could carry on my own college campus since I feel like that is one of the places I need it most. Glad to hear he was able to defend himself though.

On my campus, they have those emergency boxes as well. I kid you not, they tell us that in an emergency situation we need to hit the button on a box and then run away to another one and keep hitting the buttons so they can "track us and resolve the situation." That makes me feel so safe. Also, this semester they made everyone take a "pledge" to non-violence. Also something that will be very effective I'm sure.

I assume you refused to take such a non-sense pledge?

I originally thought that the incident happened on campus, and was going to comment on how I wish I could carry on my own college campus since I feel like that is one of the places I need it most. Glad to hear he was able to defend himself though.

On my campus, they have those emergency boxes as well. I kid you not, they tell us that in an emergency situation we need to hit the button on a box and then run away to another one and keep hitting the buttons so they can "track us and resolve the situation." That makes me feel so safe. Also, this semester they made everyone take a "pledge" to non-violence. Also something that will be very effective I'm sure.

I am a full time student at Tennessee State University in Nashville. I am a minority there and the school is not in a great area but has a good nursing program so I go there plus I cant drive all the way to MTSU. It is ridiculous that Tennessee does not allow students to carry because I am a HCP holder and because I will not break the law, my gun stays at home when I go to class. I will not keep it in the car because they search cars at TSU. Back in June, one man was caught putting a .357 magnum revolver in his pants, in back, without a hoster, gangsta style :) and a TSU student alerted TSU police. He was going into a graduation ceremony. What do you think would have happened?? Tennessee needs to wisen up and not wait for a campus killing to change the law.