Well this aint gonna work...

The other day I reached for my LCP that I keep in my left rear pocket, in a pocket holster, and the magazine was detached. I thought maybe this was because if the car I was in and just sat down wrong or something, but tonight while we were out eating, the magazine had released itself three other times. :D

So now I need to reconsider sitting on my LCP. I don't like it in the front pocket... so I guess I'm going to have to go IWB holstered.

Anyone have a resolve for the magazine releasing? I checked the gun and it's just my fat behind making it release... :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WingMan380

A good IWB like a supertuck crossbreed, MTAC or a kholster would work like a champ. I have a kholster and I love it. For your LCP the kholster mini moon would work great. The kholster is LOTS les expensive than the supertuck is and works just as good and is as comfortable IMO. I modified my kholster with a combat cut and rubbed it down with linseed oil and I forget I have it on. I also have a Glaco MX7 OWB holster. Love them both.

A good IWB like a supertuck crossbreed, MTAC or a kholster would work like a champ..

No sense in having a mouse gun if you gotta carry it IWB, might as well carry something bigger.

To Charles: it's a common lament, sitting on gun and tripping mag release with back pocket carry, and not just with that particular gun.

- OS

The other day I reached for my LCP that I keep in my left rear pocket, in a pocket holster, and the magazine was detached. I thought maybe this was because if the car I was in and just sat down wrong or something, but tonight while we were out eating, the magazine had released itself three other times. :poop:

So now I need to reconsider sitting on my LCP. I don't like it in the front pocket... so I guess I'm going to have to go IWB holstered.

Anyone have a resolve for the magazine releasing? I checked the gun and it's just my fat behind making it release... :stunned:

I would try one of the Kydex holsters like the AHolster mentioned above, and cut out around the mag release. The thickness of the kydex my keep you from releasing the mag.

You might also look at getting something like the Desantis Superfly, that has the extra flap to keep from printing. You could cut a hole in the outer flap, and that may provide enough spacer to eliminate your issue.

No sense in having a mouse gun if you gotta carry it IWB, might as well carry something bigger.

I agree.

My IWB holster for the LC9 is shipping tomorrow... can't wait to get it and carry that one full time. I agree about carrying the LCP IWB... just doesn't seem right. I'm going to check out those other links though.

OhShoot... I'm going to try to switch pockets to see how that works. Just can't wait to pull it out at a convienant store thinking it's my wallet though. That's going to take some " 'splainin to do Lucy!"

StrickJ... As far as my ass... trust me, there is a lot of cushion already there, and I aint wanting to gain back the 49 pounds that I've already lost this year! :stunned:

Just to throw it out there, the little 380s are small enough that they hide OWB really easily. My P3AT in a relatively cheap FOBUS disappears under just a t-shirt. Except in a very few situations, it is just as concealed that way as in my pocket (although I don't like back pocket carry so I carry in my front pocket when I pocket carry.) With certain pants (i.e. depending on the pockets) I can also get to it more quickly and easily - especially when sitting. In fact, just as a general rule, I prefer it to pocket carry for that reason - and since I can't stand IWB, it still hides much better than a bigger gun in t-shirt and shorts weather.

The other day I reached for my LCP that I keep in my left rear pocket, in a pocket holster, and the magazine was detached. I thought maybe this was because if the car I was in and just sat down wrong or something, but tonight while we were out eating, the magazine had released itself three other times. :poop:

Anyone have a resolve for the magazine releasing? I checked the gun and it's just my fat behind making it release... :tinfoil:

I carry a P3AT in my back pocket everyday, never had the mag release on me... and trust me if a large rear end would do it, mine would :)

I'd find a pocket holster that better protects the mag release, I'm using a holster that has a velcro flap to make it look like a wallet if you print... that extra bit of holster seems to protect the mag release enough to prevent it from being pressed while sitting on the firearm.

Jab... I've got a Fobus on order through Amazon for the LCP, if and when it ever arrives. I think they're having to make them to order or something because I ordered it over two weeks ago. But I digress... I've bought a Fobus for everything I own because of when I go to the range, I can secure it from my son accidently picking it up. However, I do use the Fobus with my LC9 when I can cover it with a large shirt. Luckily the weather is cool now and I can do that.

Kirk... I like the looks of those wallet holsters.

No sense in having a mouse gun if you gotta carry it IWB, might as well carry something bigger.- OS

+1 on that.

That's the same reason I think an OWB for a J-Frame doesn't make a lot of sense. Might as well carry a bigger gun. If I've got my J-Frame on me it's either in my pocket or my ankle as a BUG.

+1 on that.

That's the same reason I think an OWB for a J-Frame doesn't make a lot of sense. Might as well carry a bigger gun. If I've got my J-Frame on me it's either in my pocket or my ankle as a BUG.

Again, like my P3AT, my 642 OWB in a FOBUS disappears almost as well as in my pocket while (at least in some situations) being more readily accessible. The P3AT hides a little better with that setup but the 642 also conceals well when carried in that manner. To each his or her own but for that reason OWB even with small handguns makes sense to me when carrying a larger gun isn't as viable an option - at least in certain situations. Something like a belt slide or pancake holster that holds tighter to the body would probably hide them even better.

Edited by JAB
To each his or her own but for that reason OWB even with small handguns makes sense to me when carrying a larger gun isn't as viable an option - at least in certain situations.

I probably stated my position incorrectly on the J Frame and an OWB. I have in the past, and probably will at some point in the future, carried my J Frame at times IWB and OWB. For me I can actually conceal a full size M&P in an IWB as well as I do with a J Frame in an OWB.

I probably stated my position incorrectly on the J Frame and an OWB. I have in the past, and probably will at some point in the future, carried my J Frame at times IWB and OWB. For me I can actually conceal a full size M&P in an IWB as well as I do with a J Frame in an OWB.

Ah, well if you can carry a full-size IWB then that is likely true. I can't do IWB - the closest I can get is my P3AT in a belly band worn a little low so the grips are positioned just above my waistline. I've tried a few, different IWB setups from a cheapo Uncle Mikes for the P11 I used to have to a homemade kydex/leather hybrid holster (Crossbreed type) I made for my CZ82. No go. I can't even stand carrying my NAA mini IWB!