Glenn Beck posts quotes from Founding Fathers...

Guest Hyaloid

Guest Hyaloid

STORY LINK

I am waiting for the sources... I have heard many before, but there were a couple of new ones for me. Enjoy...

Glenn Beck: Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 10px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 15px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" vAlign=center>misc_insider.gif</TD><TD>Audio Available: </TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><TD>misc_winsmall_white.gif</TD></TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><TD>misc_realsmall_white.gif</TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>March 12, 2008 - 13:10 ET

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=6 width=100 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e2e2e2>03-12-08-cam.jpg Glenn Beck is seen here on the Insider Webcam, an exclusive feature available only to Glenn Beck Insiders. Learn more...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

GLENN: All right. I told you a minute ago that, you know, the problem with schooling, public schooling is they are not teaching the truth anymore and our law schools are not even teaching the truth anymore. They are teaching case study. They are not teaching founding principles, what our founding fathers said. There wouldn't be an argument on anything, gun rights, there wouldn't be an argument.

You know, they had this conversation, about common, what does it mean. Here's what you do. You go back and look at the words of our founding fathers. What did they say? May I quote the founding fathers. We're going to send these out, we'll give you all the sources and everything else. But let me quote the founding fathers and what they said about gun rights. You tell me. If you've ever learned this in school and if there's any doubt in your mind what the intent was of the founding fathers.

First, Thomas Jefferson: No Freeman shall ever be disbarred from the use of arms.

Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense, John Adams.

The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed with Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Government are afraid to trust their people with arms, James Madison.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe and preserve order in the world as well as property. Horrid mischief would ensue if the law-abiding were deprived the use of private arms, Thomas Payne.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides from an unarmed man, may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man, Thomas Jefferson.

Put that one in your pipe and smoke it when you're talking about arming people in schools.

A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves. They include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike how to use them, Richard Henry Lee.

The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms, Samuel Adams.

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them, George Mason.

Now, you tell me that's being taught in public schools. That would never be taught in public schools. When we start to ban the words of our own founding fathers, when we start omitting their words and their intent, we are in trouble. My children in homeschooling will learn those words.

<!--endclickprintinclude-->

Edited by Hyaloid
etided from original to separate into paragraphs for ease of reading...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem has really never been that the intent of the Founding Fathers has been hard to understand. The problem is that too many people believe they are smarter than the Founding Fathers and that the words in the Constitution shouldn't (as opposed to don't) say what the original intent was. I heard Dennis Miller say one time (when he still had a late night TV show) that the 2A was fine when all we had were muskets, but that the 2A shouldn't protect automatic rifles. Obviously, unless the gun control crowd can get the Constitution amended to negate the 2A, the only way to actually argue the point is to try to change the original intent.

I think most gun control advocates believe like Dennis Miller. But rather than just say the Founding Fathers were wrong (and suffer the inevitable defeat), they argue that it really doesn't mean what it says.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikedwood

I'd put anyone of the founding fathers up against everyone in Washington DC. Or any 400 or so at any level of government.

The "Bill of Rights" seems pretty easy to understand to me. Seems so many people are trying to add their own wishes into it and take away my rights.

I've always thought Dennis Miller way over rated, quite boring and a real moron when he speaks his mind.

• 11 months later...
I'd put anyone of the founding fathers up against everyone in Washington DC. Or any 400 or so at any level of government.

The "Bill of Rights" seems pretty easy to understand to me. Seems so many people are trying to add their own wishes into it and take away my rights.

I've always thought Dennis Miller way over rated, quite boring and a real moron when he speaks his mind.

I'd put my kids up against anyone from D.C.

Glenn Beck for Prez! I keep my mobile tv service on my phone so I can actually watch his show.

The truth is I think the Gun control people do get it. They understand the Constitution, they know the truth, but they REFUSE to accept it. They hold to their own narrow minded views, while spouting off and calling Conservatives narrow minded, and refuse to acknowledge facts.

Nothing surprises me about our schools anymore. I met a graduate of Overton H.S. who had honestly never heard of the Revolutionary War by any name. I thought he was BS'n me for quite awhile, but he insisted that he'd never heard of it. He was clueless about it all. I was just dumbfounded after I realized that he was being truthful with a H.S. Diploma.

Nothing surprises me about our schools anymore. I met a graduate of Overton H.S. who had honestly never heard of the Revolutionary War by any name. I thought he was BS'n me for quite awhile, but he insisted that he'd never heard of it. He was clueless about it all. I was just dumbfounded after I realized that he was being truthful with a H.S. Diploma.

I had a kid working for me years ago in the fast food biz. He was a senior at Overton H.S. He was a very articulate black kid, so I assumed very educated as well. One night it was late and we were closing and I wanted to get moving and get home. I was almost done with my work and he was dragging his feet chatting it up with another employee. I yelled out from the office to get to work and let's get outa here. He yells back that he's going to call the NCAA on me. Knowing what he meant, I yelled back and said, "that's the NAACP moron!" Education. Yeah, right! More like indoctrination and stupification.

Guest Rick O'Shay

The truth is I think the Gun control people do get it. They understand the Constitution, they know the truth, but they REFUSE to accept it. They hold to their own narrow minded views, while spouting off and calling Conservatives narrow minded, and refuse to acknowledge facts.

The way I refer to it is: "Their minds are so open their brains have fallen out."

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

Oh, Glenn Beck. Awesome.

I don't need someone in a $1200 suit sporting a $100 haircut to tell me that it's past time to hit the reset button.

I still remember that months ago he was calling Ron Paul supporters terrorists. A few months before that, he was supporting one of the most liberal RINOs, and claiming it wasn't about their shared religion. He's either learned a lot since then (possible) or up to something.

Unless Mr. Beck has given a public statement to support his change of heart and/or he can document his apparent diagnosis of schizophrenia, then I want nothing to do with him or his ratings grab.

It's currently envogue to be a rabble rouser and, IMHO, he has seen the dollar signs.

I'll recant my statement with a formal apology if he takes it as far as leading an armed protest march on DC. Until he puts his balls on the block, I say he's just another Paytriot.

Typical - ignore the message and attack the messenger.

As I said in the other thread - his motivations don't matter. As long as he's waking people up and moving us in the right direction, I couldn't care less if his motivation is money, fame, or real desire for positive change.

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

Once someone has leveraged himself into a pseudo-leadership position like that which Mr. Beck currently holds, his motives and true character absolutely deserve a closer look.

Apparently you disagree.