Kimber Ultra Carry II

Guest FordMan

Guest FordMan

I'm looking at buying either a Kimber Ultra Carry II or a Ultra Covert II. Either gun will have the Crimson Trace grips. Anybody have any feedback on these guns?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had an Ultra CDP II for a few years. It's been accurate, dependable and easy to carry.

I have the Ultra Carry II. If I had it to do again I'd probably go with the Ultra CDP II. It's a little more refined and comes with night sights. The all black sights of the UCII leave a little to be desired. Great gun though.

I have a Kimber Ultra Aegis which is for the mosty part a Ultra CDP but in 9mm,I really like this little pistol.It even goes into the bathroom with me(just in case)you never know.I have had it for around 6 months and have had zero problems out of it.If the Ultra Carry and the CDP is as reliable as mine you would do well.I know there are a few Kimber haters out there,but in all honesty I have had 4 of their pistols and none of them gave me any problems.I did although own a Ultra CDP awhile back that was a little problematic,but in all fairness I really didn't feel like dealing with it at the time.Most of the Ultra models usually simmer down after a couple of hundred rounds.The Ultra Aegis I currently have was reliable right from the get go.No trading on this one I know for sure.

Guest tnvolfan

You are certainly looking at some great guns! I own the Kimber Ultra Crimson Trace II, which looks a lot like the CDP. You get a lifelong supply of free batteries with this gun from Crimson Trace, but I leave my laser switched "on" all the time, and I've not changed the battery yet, and it's been 9 months that I've had it -- a Christmas present from my better half! You won't go wrong with this gun. We bought it at W.D. Sporting Goods on Alcoa Hwy -- they have a very good selection of Kimbers, and will put a Crimson Trace laser on any of the other Kimber models for you. Since Kimbers are on the pricey side, most dealers don't have too many, but W.D. had the most to choose from. I've had zero misfires, and I've shot probably 1000 rounds through it. The laser is perfectly aligned with the sights. Since this Kimber comes with a laser, it didn't come with night sights, but I wanted those anyway and had them put a set on for me. Night sights are great backup if you don't choose to use your laser. Good luck on your future purchase!

I used to have the Kimber Ultra Crimson Trace II and it was a very reliable and accurarte weapon. I sold it and bought the Ultra Carry ll. I found for me personally as a Lefthander I preferred night sights and a Ambi safety instead. The only thing I found the Crimson really good at (for me) on the Kimber, My Glock and my Sig was for target accuracy and assessment. In the middle of the night when the BG kicks in my door a rail mounted streamlight is more to my liking.