Chris Johnson Tells Titan Fans to "STFU"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glocks-R-Us

he's pathetic anyways! I just hope he looses all his "real" fans by the end of the year. No respect for the people who made it possible for him to make that much money....greedy A$$!

I do admire his honesty and candidness. I also didn't read all the B.S. comments he was likely responding to. Don't get me wrong, I don't care if he's cronically unemployed from this point forward, but I'd prefer to hear the truth rather than what someone thinks I want to hear.

All it will take to win the PO'd Titans fans back will be to score a few TD's.

And he is right in what he says.

he should play for less than his worth so the Titans' owner can get fatter. Yeah that makes sense.

+1 especially about the owners getting fatter. How much did they waste on "Buds favorite" Vince ?

Chris Johnson

Albert Haynesworth

Adam "Pacman" Jones

Bud Adams

Just four of the reasons why I hate the Titans. They don't do anything for Tennessee's reputation.

They were a much classier ball club when they had players like Eddie George and Frank Wycheck in the spotlight.

Guest WyattEarp

well if history is any indicator of running backs who have made 2000+ yards and/or gotten their big payday one of two things will happen.

he'll have a season ending injury (or perhaps) career ending.

his production will drastically fall off, because he got his money, he doesn't care, and he'll just half-ass it.

guys like him are just trash. Me, me, me and my money attitude, and piss on everyone else. If the owners would quit giving into their demands, and start holding them to their contracts, then this holdout for top money stuff would stop.

Any player who holds out should be suspended for the season without pay, and fined $15,000 per game missed.

as for "not having a regular job", he doesn't have a job at all. He plays a game for a living and wouldn't know what it's like to work a real job if he had to. 10 years down the road, he'll be a member of the 85% percent of all NFL players who are bankrupt within 10 years of exiting the league. *******s like this forget where they came from and how they got there, and the little people who support them (fans, ticket sales, and merchandise sales), the kids that look up to them, and they think they're entitled to something, and the owners enable this type of behavior by caving in to their demands.

Chris Johnson

Albert Haynesworth

Adam "Pacman" Jones

Bud Adams

Just four of the reasons why I hate the Titans. They don't do anything for Tennessee's reputation.

They were a much classier ball club when they had players like Eddie George and Frank Wycheck in the spotlight.

+1

The Titans that moved to Nashville were a hell of a lot classier than what we have now...then again, the NFL (like NBA and MLB) have been heading downhill for years anyway...we don't have professional "athletes" anymore as much as we have highly overpaid thugs who, if they weren't catching a ball would be crushing rocks in some penitentiary somewhere.

+1

The Titans that moved to Nashville were a hell of a lot classier than what we have now...then again, the NFL (like NBA and MLB) have been heading downhill for years anyway...we don't have professional "athletes" anymore as much as we have highly overpaid thugs who, if they weren't catching a ball would be crushing rocks in some penitentiary somewhere.

that is simply not true. While there is a percent who fall in this catagory, overall they are just regular people. Albeit making very good money.

that is simply not true. While there is a percent who fall in this catagory, overall they are just regular people. Albeit making very good money.

Agreed. It may appear that they are all "thugs" because the spotlight only hits the a**holes or dumba**es who

want to stand out from the crowd (vick,ochosinco,johnson,haynesworth,owens,etc) but to me they are spoiled and allow

the money to lead their lives. You eventually reap what you sew.

ALL NFL running backs make millions. If you are one of the best among your peers, you make top $. I compare it to being on commission, a performance based pay system where you are ranked among your peers and payed market rates. If the NFL franchise is doing well then the sky is the limit. Market forces will govern but only if he performs. He has performed in the past so there is a very high expectation that he will continue to perform at a level few can match. Then there is also the agent. He is also on commission but he is leaching off the performance of someone else and leveraging that to pad his wallet.

As far as the fans go, the real fans want wins and to get wins you need a full team effort. We'll see on game day how that plays out.