Boy throwing rocks on overpass shot by crossbow

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few years ago, when I lived in Columbus, Ohio...a kid was throwing rocks off of a downtown overpass...if I recall correctly; several people lost their lives from the ensuing accident (starting with a motorcyclists I think).

I suppose all kids have done stupid things but I think some may be unforgivable.

I hope when this idiot kid recovers form his non life threatening injuries that they take him and his stupid friend directly to jail.

Thats amazing. I read all the comments and with the exception of a few, most people agree with the crossbow shooter. I would like to know what comes of this. I'm sure the shooter will get sued and the family get some sort of compensation. In the shooter's defense, he probably couldn't determine the age of the kid. I think he did society a favor.

Many years ago some kids where doing this at an overpass on I-10 near Blanding Blvd in Jax Fl. A large rock hit the windsheild on drivers side and sent a lady into the woods impacting a tree killing her. Went on for several more weeks until the city paid for high fencing on all overpasses in the area. Never caught them but believed it to be kids from nearby high school.

Sad to hear it happening again. Maybe this is what we need to start doing to get these dumb azz's in check.

Edited by Dad03

Fun to think about, not so much fun to do: 1) Throwing rocks down on cars, people die. 2) Crossbowing an idiot kid, people die.

Darwin award runner up. Arrow-shot kid is still alive to compete in next year's Darwin awards.

Don't know if the police will put a priority on chasing down the cross-bowers. And, a grand jury might no-bill charges against the cross-bowers.

Guest GunTroll

Crazy!

I had a rock hit my car once while going north on I 25 in CO near the crap hole Pueblo. Sort, fat, Hispanic, turd got me right on the metal to the left of the windshield (A pillar??). I was steaming to find their was not an off ramp at that over pass. I had visions of chasing him down and spanking him with my belt. Oh what pleasure that would have brought me.

;) crossbow guy!

Within the past year we had two incidents where objects were thrown from I-75 overpasses between Chattanooga and Athens. Perps caught committing vandalism at a construction site and linked to the thrown objects incident.

oldogy

They have to catch him first and even if they do, I suspect that more than one member of a jury will identify with the passenger in the car more so that withe the thug kid who could easily have killed someone.

At the very least, if the crossbow guys goes to jail the kids who were throwing the rocks ought to be in there with him.

They have to catch him first and even if they do, I suspect that more than one member of a jury will identify with the passenger in the car more so that withe the thug kid who could easily have killed someone.

If they don’t have any good witness info, what’s more likely to happen is one of the thugs in the truck will get arrested on a minor drug charge, and to save his azz he will roll on his buddy, that shot the kid, for a walk. If that happens the case will probably never make it to a jury.

If they don’t have any good witness info, what’s more likely to happen is one of the thugs in the truck will get arrested on a minor drug charge, and to save his azz he will roll on his buddy, that shot the kid, for a walk. If that happens the case will probably never make it to a jury.

Ah...you watch Law & Order too! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TackleberryTom
Sticks and stones may break your bones..but​, cross bows hurt like hell!

This was posted in the comments section of one of those links. I love it.

Had these kids been 10-13yrs old I could pass some more sympathy but, 16yrs old? He deserved the retaliation. I bet he won't throw rocks from an overpass ever again. Just sayin'.

Guest adamoxtwo

I think they should pass a law that if you catch people throwing rocks (or any other foreign object) from an overpass that you can legally shoot them in the stomach with a field point. However, prosecuted and tried as a civil hero so stopping an attempted murderer. Just my thoughts carry on.

Judge & Jury huh? And they allow you to carry a gun? Idon't get it. Sometimes I wonder if some license holders get scrutinized enoughbefore being issued the license\permit.DO YOU NOT GET IT - THE PERPS THAT FIRED THE ARROW COMMITTED A CRIME! I assumeby a couple of your comments that you would do the same? I would hope that some type of law enforcementmonitors these forums and sees what a risk exist in some of the license holdershere. It simply disgust me that some are allowed to claim a privilege that putsthem in a group that I also participate in. The rock throwing was no longer afactor to the perps firing the arrow. Two separate incidents here (tossingobjects, shooting arrow) – both of which are criminal. Totally sickeningmentality that some present!

Guest adamoxtwo
Judge & Jury huh? And they allow you to carry a gun?

Who ever said I carried a gun? Some little **** got shot for committing a crime that could have killed a lot of people. If a do-gooder also happened to commit a crime and potentially saves lives in the process then hey so long as he didn't kill anyone who cares. The little **** lived.

If you have a problem with what I say don't read it. I believe I have not violated any law, and you being an ignorant person assuming **** is your right that I happened to defense with a weapon. Go hug a tree and save a kitten stuck in the tree.

Don't judge me fool. You don't even know me.