Printing question

Guest Turner

Guest Turner

I have read a lot of posts about printing and the best ways to avoid it, but is it really such a bad thing? How many of you guys have had an instance where someone has noticed your weapon? How have they reacted? I am waiting on my HCP to arrive and I'm on the fence about IWB or OWB with just my shirt over it. I don't want to draw attention to myself, but how many people would really notice? I have a XD9sc with the holster it came with and I'm looking at the c-tac IWB. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks for your help.:cool:

Edited by Turner
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flesheatingvirus

I've never had a problem. It looks like a cell phone. It could be a multi tool or flashlight, both of which I have on my belt when I'm not carrying. It could be an insulin pump. There aren't too many people that would see a bulge and think "Gun!".

Most folks don't notice.

I have carried openly a few times and hardly even got a second glance. I do look like I might be LEO or military though with my hair cut and all, so that could be part of the reason, but I have heard and read of others who go unoticed when carrying as well.

Guest GLOCKGUY

Most folks don't notice.. and if they do i never hear about it i use to be so paranoid about it now im like who cares i just go about my business :cool:

I agree. Most people sre so busy with what they are doing they don't notice.

The only people that really notice (or even look for it) is other HCP holders. (IMHO)

I had one incident where my gun was exposed in home depot years ago. I was getting a lot of wood, stacking it up on the dolly an done started to fall and I bent over to try and catch it. My light jacket came up and stayed above the grip. I felt it though and pulled it down. When I tirned around I noticed

a guy with a look of "is that what I think it was?".

No screaming, no yelling, no nothing... just paid for the wood and left a little while later.

Guest TNDixieGirl

I've never understood the issue with "printing" since this is an open-carry state anyway. Unless you're carrying where it's already prohibited, I don't see the problem. Like the others have said....no big deal in most cases.

• Administrator
I've never understood the issue with "printing" since this is an open-carry state anyway. Unless you're carrying where it's already prohibited, I don't see the problem. Like the others have said....no big deal in most cases.

Agreed.

I used to worry then got over it. If someone notices my gun and gets bent out of shape, that's their problem - not mine.

I was standing in line at a Redbox one day and a couple of kids were behind me. I heard one of them whisper to the other that he thought I had a gun. Probably 10-12yrs old. They never asked me about but I don't think they knew I heard them.

I was the same way when i first started carrying, I was very paranoid! everyone was looking at me like I was going to go on a rampage!:cool:

Then after printing several times, I realized nobody really notices. Folks are so consumed with their own stuff, thy aren't looking for a gun. Heck, I get run over by people all the time in the store that didn't even see ME!

My wife doesn't even know when I'm carrying most of the time and see looks at me a lot. At least I hope she still does!:)

Guest bulletproof

I have to learn not to reach up to the top shelf in the grocery store. The other day in Food Lion I reached up and my shirttail came up completely exposing my gun. An older lady coming down the aisle saw it and her eyes got real big.

• Administrator
I have to learn not to reach up to the top shelf in the grocery store. The other day in Food Lion I reached up and my shirttail came up completely exposing my gun. An older lady coming down the aisle saw it and her eyes got real big.

It's fun to mess with them and just smile. :cool:

Edit... dammit, I need to reply quicker. I see Mars beat me to the punch by like... an hour. :)

I really could care less if I am printing or if the thing is exposed.

Actually I hope people see it so they will think I am cool.

:cool:

edited to add a useful comment.

I carry a fullsize gun with just a polo shirt covering it and my wife can't tell most of the time. I've carried the same gun over to the in-laws house before and they've never noticed it before either.

Edited by dariks

The only time I bother to make sure its covered is when Im in a loan office,or the bank(dont want barney fife to get upset)

I was in a meeting with a girl from the city a couple weeks ago and made sure it was covered,but when I got back to my car I noticed it wasnt :cool: and she never said,or acted wierd.Its a non-issue

Thanks for the great feedback guys. This forum is a great help.
Dont compliment them,you will make them think good of them selfs.You must insult them! See watch how I do it.Your all Glock lovers :)

Now I feel better B)

Used to worry about it, now my wife worries more than I do. I think that is more because of how violent this city has become she doesn't want us targeted by a punk that would shoot us first and take the gun.

Seriously though, I just don't worry about it. I try to keep it concealed but if you see the holster clip on my IWB or the barrel of mine when it peeks out from under a shirt when OWB then that is your problem. I am not brandishing and I am not intimidating with it.

Howdy sir/ma'am and have a nice day.