Sons of Guns Desert Eagle fail

TLRMADE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they have enough of a fanbase that they're starting to sell Red Jacket 1911's to the tune of $1700.

I like the show, but it's still on TV, which just a step up from being on the Internet in terms of validity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest bkelm18

Hmm unless i am wrong i think the Russians have been doing that for 50+ years.

If you're referring to a Dragunov, that's not an AK. Completely different gun aside from a few visual similarities.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest GunTroll
Yeah there's a whole lot of "this will change everything" or "change the market". I gotta admit though, an integrally suppressed AK is pretty sweet. Red Jacket makes some fine guns and I'd hate to see them go down in a blaze of fury if this show keeps up. The gun business is one that isn't too forgiving of "mistakes".

I agree with this to a point. I'm not interested in tacticool as far as business is concerned. Not bashing it either though. If its your thing and the market is definitely there today, go for it. What I completely agree with is the later comment bkelm18 made. I wonder if the owner, whatever his name is has the foresight to see that this show could be a huge negative for his "stock" future. I have dedicated exactly two segments worth of my life to this show. Two commercials and I was out never looking back. ETA: Now that the curtain has been drawn back, there is no more of whatever vision you made up of the workmanship, and the professionalism of the crafters themselves. Maybe I'm to harsh but I bet others think like me.

I don't care about there fakeness caught in the video however it is funny. I don't like how the show depicts firearms enthusiast and or, if you want to call them gunsmiths/manufactures/retailers, in general. You know there are folks out there that are watching this show and thinking we are all like them. Not so. I understand a show with Cooper firearms as the main act would not go over so well. Crap with a flare of trash sells in the entertainment industry.

Edited by GunTroll

SOG's is all about staged drama centered around how cunningly savy Will and his daughter are. I take it for what it is, entertainment for the media market that doesn't know the real from the phony. It will run it's course soon enough and be finished, as for RJFA, I wish them well but doubt I'll ever consider doing business with them on anything.

I actually enjoy the show, though i am tired about hearing how "this or that is gonna change the market"...the ak sniper was a pretty dumb idea when there is a perfectly good russian sniper rifle readily available....however the section with Jerry Miculek was freaking awesome and I could watch it repeatedly. Overall its a good show and I wish Flem would build me an MG42 I could own lol. I hope they don't try to dramatize it anymore than they already have....either way it will tide me over til "the Walking Dead".

I'd like to thank the OP for posting. I don't have cable or satellite for several reasons and these type shows are one of the reasons. Despite pulling the switcharoo with the intended pistol my feelings are more in line with GunTroll. I can't even tell you how many times I hear about this show when the subject of firearms enters the conversation with friends or customers. It's always "oh man, they built this gun, with a gun on top, one off either side, and welded another to the end"."It was BAD AZZ !" . Followed with, "those guys are CRAZY".

Never even having seen the show I knew these guys were NOT the mascot I wanted to represent me to the rest of the ungunners out there by simply hearing about the show endlessly. I know they are considered smith's on the show but there will be way too many align US with THEM and that's not something I personally want.

Like many of you I know people that have a difficult time watching TV and not sucking it all up like it was gospel. Whether it be O's speeches, Fox news, msnbc, etc, etc, they all want to lure you in, sit you down, and poison you. Who wants those people watching this show and then thinking that every gun owner out there acts like these jackasses ?? Not me !

Will was and is well known as the go to guy for making accurate AK conversions and builds. That was always his thing. Still is. He is to the Saiga rifle what Tony Tumore (Tromix) is to the Saiga 12. I'm guessing the show is trying to be more "exciting" by making all these crazy builds. Most of them serve no purpose, but I got to admit if I had the resources and tools to build anything I could think of you better believe I'd be making some crazy stuff. Why? Becasuse I can.

Will has always built oddball stuff, simply becasue he can. As far as Stephanie being fake, if the numerous times I've talked to her on the phone about gun buisness is any indication of reality, what you see on the show is all her.

You know, they make this show for a broad audience, and not just for bitter clingers. I've enjoyed it on a certain level. For who shoot and know a little about guns, I would enjoy more technical detail on their build projects, but for the most part it is an enjoyable show. The basic component of any story is "conflict" so they usually create conflict from an impossible deadline, or the high expectations of a huge customer, or some piece of the project that they struggle with.

Guest Victor9er
You know, they make this show for a broad audience, and not just for bitter clingers. I've enjoyed it on a certain level. For who shoot and know a little about guns, I would enjoy more technical detail on their build projects, but for the most part it is an enjoyable show. The basic component of any story is "conflict" so they usually create conflict from an impossible deadline, or the high expectations of a huge customer, or some piece of the project that they struggle with.

+1

I'm new to guns so I'm not going to sit and nit pick every little detail on the show. But I enjoy it for the most part. I don't expect it to be an "Encyclopedia Britannica" of gun smithing... after all it's only a reality show. It's entertainment and when I watch it I'm entertained, and from time to time I learn a little something new. Mission accomplished.

It's obvious that they're (TV Network) trying to follow the same formula as American Chopper. Crazy off the wall projects that have to be met by a ridiculous timeline, overcoming the impossible at the last second all while being yelled at and threatened by a hot-headed a$$hole of a boss that knows everything... And why not, it was a very successful show that made a lot of money and gathered a ton of fans and ratings. TV is all about "formulas" and if it worked before you can bet the bank that they're going to try it again. So yes, that's what the producers are trying to do here and it's quite obvious. I don't like it either but I'm not going to blame the people on the show for something that the producers are trying to do.

And for the people that keep complaining about their "bad acting" on the show.... it's a REALITY SHOW... they're NOT actors, what the hell are you expecting, a Golden Globe performance? If they could act then they wouldn't be on a freaking reality show about guns to begin with, they'd be somewhere else... acting.

I try to look past the stuff that the TV guys do to the show. It IS geared for mass appeal, at least as much as you can do with a gun show. We do need to realize that if it's geared strictly toward gun nuts, it will probably fail in the ratings. Anything that makes guns more popular with the general public is a good thing. I would rather see a real gun shop subjected to TV crap, than something that's even less real.

She can be as fake as she wants. She's all kinds of trashy hot. :)

Gee thanks. I just threw up in my mouth. :puke:

;)

As far as Stephanie being fake, if the numerous times I've talked to her on the phone about gun buisness is any indication of reality, what you see on the show is all her.

Which is exactly why I no longer watch it. She thinks she is the hottest thing since sliced bread. Or at least comes off that way. Of course she seems to get it from dad, who thinks his poopie no stinkie.