Glock rough texture finish

AMSting

Does anyone know if the RTF Glock frames are shaped any different than the normal frame? I held an RTF G23 and a regular G23 and the RTF dropped into my hand like it belonged there. The regular frame felt fine, but I could not believe the difference could only be due to the texture on the frame.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

Are you talking about the gen 3 RTF? Or are you referring to the gen 4? Many people mistakenly call the grips on the gen 4 a RTF, when it's not the same as the gen 3 RTF.

And yes, the gen 4 grip is different than the gen 3 grip, it's a little smaller and the gen 4 has two additional "backstraps" that you can add to the grip to alter it. The medium sized backstrap is closest to the old gen 3 grip in terms of size.

Now if it was indeed a gen 3 RTF that you held... well I'm not sure.

Guest Victor9er

OK, just checking. Like I said a lot of people confuse them.

Hmm, sorry I don't know enough about the gen 3 RTF to know if there's a difference between them and the regular gen 3 or not.

I've got a normal Gen 3 19, a Gen 4 17, and an RTF 22. I like the feel of the RTF 22 the best. The only downside is that it can be abrasive on your clothes if you wear suits etc... I think that's why they made the Gen 4s a little less abrasive. For the range, or carry in casual clothes, I'd definitely go with another RTF.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.