Best Belt for Carry??

Guest tommy62
5.11 use to have decent belts with plastic ''stiffeners'' sandwiched inside the two halves. I have a black dress belt and a tan and a black nylon belts that work great for ccw.

The stiffness of the belts helps to keep there from being any rolling effect with a holster.

+1 on the black and tan nylon.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$80??? No thanks.

A good quality gun belt is essential for comfortable carry. Making a double layer gun belt is labor intensive, and in turn expensive. One will last a long, long time, and be worth it's weight in gold if you intend to carry regularly. Here are a few I made, and $80 is more than a fair price.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

Although I haven't owned one, I've heard nothing but good reports about beltman belts.

IMG_1397.jpg

Edited by gregintenn
Guest skinner

The belt was "in stock." It came regular postage; so . . . 5 - 7 business days. I ordered it and my holster this summer and got them both within 3 weeks.

Guest eyebedam
A good quality gun belt is essential for comfortable carry. Making a double layer gun belt is labor intensive, and in turn expensive. One will last a long, long time, and be worth it's weight in gold if you intend to carry regularly. Here are a few I made, and $80 is more than a fair price.

IMG_1317.jpg

Although I haven't owned one, I've heard nothing but good reports about beltman belts.

Looks like you do really nice work. Got a site?

I like the Comp-tac leather belt I own. I haven't owned one by Beltman or any other vendor though. What I like about the Comp-tac belt is that the shape is reinforced by kydex. It will never sag, ever. What I don't like about it is that they used two belt loops which tend to get in the way of the pant belt loop so that the buckle won't center right over the middle of your pants zipper. Check it out. You may like it.

• 3 weeks later...