Saiga 12 price ?

Links2k

I saw a Saiga12 priced for $750 today. Couldn't you get these for like $450 a couple of months ago? Have they stopped importing the Saigas or something?

Secondly, who owns a Saiga and how reliable are they.

Thanks for your time,

Links2k

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

I've owned two S12s and a Saiga 7.62x39. Both were utterly reliable. S12s nowadays usually run $600-$700 unconverted. Yes the prices have gone up quite a bit. They are still being imported. They're just becoming more popular.

Guest Katana

I got mine for $550 about a year ago. Yes, Saiga 12's can be made completely reliable, and it might even come out of the box that way, but you could also get a so-called "vodka special" as well if you're not familiar with them.

I bought one (19") a few weeks ago for just over $600 before tax. It functioned flawlessly out of the box. I converted it and had the barrel cut down and a door breacher permanently attached. It now won't cycle, I suspect that the hammer needs to be reprofiled as theres quite a bit of drag on the bolt/carrier hand cycling. I just haven't had time to polish etc. If that doesn't work I'm going to open the gas ports.

Guest bkelm18
I bought one (19") a few weeks ago for just over $600 before tax. It functioned flawlessly out of the box. I converted it and had the barrel cut down and a door breacher permanently attached. It now won't cycle, I suspect that the hammer needs to be reprofiled as theres quite a bit of drag on the bolt/carrier hand cycling. I just haven't had time to polish etc. If that doesn't work I'm going to open the gas ports.

That's one glitch involved with using standard parts in a S12 conversion. The factory S12 hammer is profiled differently. You can either purchase one already modified for the S12 or you can file it down to match the original S12 hammer which is flat instead of curved where the bolt rides over it.

Edited to add: Or if you've got enough US made parts, you could just use the original hammer.

Edited by bkelm18

You can thank big brother for the rise in price on the S12's . When they were toying with the idea of putting the S12 on the DD list back in March the price doubled overnight and the $700 price tag is actually a drop of what it was April 1st, lol.

I would wait and try to find a bargain. But don't take too long !! I predict the closer we get to election time (or heavens forbid RE- election time) the more guns like the S12 , and of course the price of ammo, will steadily increase.

Hopefully I will have the discipline not to purchase anything around the time of the elections. I got beat up by the retailers during that time. I am so bitter that I still won't buy anything from CTD.

Yeah I havent ordered anything from them since....it wasn't the price gouging that burned me up...it was the scare tactic BS they used on every magazine cover(ya know the "obama is coming to ban guns" blah blah blah).

I glance through their magazine and go "oh thats cool" then I get on amazon and buy it from anyone else.

Yeah I havent ordered anything from them since....it wasn't the price gouging that burned me up...it was the scare tactic BS they used on every magazine cover(ya know the "obama is coming to ban guns" blah blah blah).

I glance through their magazine and go "oh thats cool" then I get on amazon and buy it from anyone else.

same here