EAA Witness

The mailman

I'm looking at a new EAA Witness semi-auto steel frame in 9mm with a conversion for .22lr. I've never fired an EAA and wondering how the trigger is and how it shoots in general. It's only priced at $422 but in the back of my mind I'm thinking you get what you pay for. Any one have experience with EAA's?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife has the 9mm 17 or 18 rounder. It is AMAZINGLY accurate, she really does make 1 ragged hole at 20-30 foot ranges. They are cocked and locked guns, which matters because NEITHER of us can pull the DA trigger. Once it is in the SA pull its a typical DA trigger: long and sloppy, just like a beretta or ruger or whatever else. She uses it for 3 gun and her around the house 'carry' (or more like, 'sitting nearby'). This is her favorite gun, she loves the grip and angle, the feel of it shooting, the accuracy, etc. The trigger isnt great but its on par with most other DA guns. I like it as well, its one of the best DA 9mm I have shot, and at least equal to my beretta 92.

Let me also comment that you do NOT always get what you pay for in the gun world. Several of my favorite guns were not all that pricy. Lot of middle grade guns ($500 give or take) are charging the buyer for a brand name / logo more than anything else.

Edited by Jonnin

I had one for a while very accurate gun Trigger not the best it was just way to heavy for me. If you can get it for 422.00 with a 22 conversion id grab it in a hurry

Look at the EAA Witness Match. It has a single action trigger as opposed to the SA/DA trigger of the standard Witness, however they are just a few dollars more. Either gun is great. I've owned the standard EAA Witness (formely a TZ75) and shot the Match. Hard to get more gun for the money.

I'll add a nother postive user of the Witness line. I have owned several, a couple in 9mm and one in 45. All have been more accurate than I can shoot. I will say you are making the right choice with a steel framed Witness. I have held a number of the polymer guns and they just don't feel as nice as the steel guns.

Dolomite

bluemailman53, if you don't get this, would you point me in the right direction? I'd sure like to look at this, maybe even take it home.

Here is the same gun for $419 shipped.

EAA 999175 WITNESS 9MM/22LR COMBO BL $419.00 SHIPS FREE

They will charge a 3% CC fee and then you have to work out the transfer and TICS. Should still be less than $470 total out the door. That is about the same as buying local.

Dolomite

One of the best bargains out there. Ours are in 9mm and 10mm, with conversions for .38Super, .45acp, and .22. There are two frame sizes, and also a full-size and compact in each size. The smaller frame will handle 9mm, .40S&W, and .22. The larger frame is for longer cartridges like .38Super, 10mm, and .45acp as it has a larger magazine well to accommodate the longer and wider magazines. There is a separate .22 conversion for that frame size. You can use a full-size slide on a compact frame and vice versa. But compact magazines will not work in a full-size frame for obvious reasons.

Magazines are made by MecGar and are well-made and reliable. Run about $25 each from EAA when you buy three at a time or more. Sometimes CDNN, Midway, or other places have them on sale.

Our Witnesses have been reliable and accurate. The trigger is long in double-action but smooth. In single-action, there is about 1/10th of an inch of creep before a pretty crisp break. You then have to let off that same 1/10th of an inch to reset the trigger. Very smooth and predictable. To me, it's better than a Glock trigger, and the double-action is smoother than my S&W M39, but single-action has longer creep than the M39. My CZ75s are similar but a bit (barely) smoother. That may just be due to the much higher round count of the CZs.

Edited by 1gewehr