Knoxville Area - How/where to learn and being shooting competitions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
I'm in Knoxville and I am interested in learning about, watching and beginning pistol competitions in the area.

Any suggestions on organizations to look into or local clubs to join?

Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association (ORSA) hosts competitions often. I don't believe you have to be a member to spectate or participate.

Hi Zenman - at ORSA we have something virtually every weekend. Tomorrow, the third Saturday of the month is USPSA. Please be on the action pistol range by 0930 for registration, we start shooting at 1000. You are very welcome to watch, but if you got a suitable pistol (9mm or larger), 4 mags, and a holster, you are good to go. Feel free to ask questions, we are all about helping and encouraging new shooters. Other weekends: First Saturday - IDPA; Second Saturday - Cowboys: Third Saturday - USPSA: Fourth Saturday - Steel Challenge (great venue for shooting .22's or pistol caliber carbine/rifles). Plenty of opportunity for trigger time. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

I am curious as well, that sounds like something that would be fun to do. I don't have the required stuff to participate but I would like to watch.

I went to the main gate at ORSA the first time (that's the gate on Gallaher Rd), and it doesn't have a code to get in the gate for non-members. The East gate does. Go towards Oak Ridge and turn when you see the park--if you see the water treatment plant you're going the right right. It should be up on your right.

I missed it this past weekend, but I bet I'll go next month. :pleased: