Man Shoots Self In Leg While Driving

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Clarksville Now - Man Accidentally Shoots Himself While Driving

I'm guessing by the fact that he had marijuana in the car & grabbed the gun by the trigger, he isnt a HCP holder. At least I hope to God he isnt. DA's like that would give all of us a bad name. :rolleyes:

I love how the article refers to his gun as "The Judge" like thats the name the guy gave it & calls it. :D Like Frodo's sword "Sting" from the Lord of the Rings or something..... :lol:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

Surprised they didn't just call it a Glock...

:rolleyes:

and...

The round, which was a 410 slug, went into right thigh, exited, and continued on until it hit him in the left leg just above the ankle.

Oww...

:D

Guest tngw1500se

My gun used to slide all over the car every time I hit the brakes, so I bought one of those Toyotas that you can't stop and that solved the problem.

I'm calling BS on this guy's story. How do you just "pick up" a gun with your finger on the trigger and accidentally fire off a round into your leg? My bet is that he was playing with the gun while driving, had the hammer cocked back, and fired the round off. Idiot.

Sounds about right. Damn thing has a 12lb trigger, it's hard enough to fire it on purpose.

Uhm got a magic kennedy killer bullet outta tha judge. "He goes to pick the gun up touches the trigger (this reads while its on the floor it seems)" "bullet travels through his right thigh exits then through his left leg just above the ankle" uhm sounds like its now suddenly next to him on the seat. So there s a hole here..if it discharged while he was touchin it on floorboard he would be reachin over..chest would be a lot closer than an ankle to his thigh in a bent over seated position. Obviously the bullet is one of those crazy hollowpoint sidewinder loopeddeedoodaadss. Obviously.

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

I always considered the long double action trigger pull on a revolver was it's safety, needing no other safety's except a hammer block. I just don't see how someone can have an accidental discharge with a revolver unless they have it cocked but knowing quite a few humans in my lifetime, I know there's some really dumb morons out there. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he actually kept it cocked but i'm with East Tn Patriot on this, he was probably playing with it which makes him no less a dumb @$$.

Also the .410 slug is not that impressive of a round, if I had a judge I would much rather have it loaded with .45 LC than .410 slugs. Still gonna hurt if you shoot yourself in the leg with one though.

I think we can all learn a lesson from this. That lesson is - with a through and through on an adult male's thigh leaving enough energy to also penetrate the opposite ankle when fired from a handgun length barrel maybe the little .410, at least with slugs, isn't as anemic as some would have us believe. As far as other, possible lessons - such as having your firearm in a holster or otherwise secured and not picking it up by the trigger - I have faith that my fellow TGOers already had those covered.

If it actually went down like the article says then he would have to have been lying down on the floorboard for the gun to go off when he picked it up to have entered his right thigh and continuing on to hit his left ankle. Driving the car and getting shot at that angle puts the gun about mid stomach level. He had no burn marks which would indicate the gun was close to his leg when it went off so I'd call his story complete bull. If the detectives are worth their salt they will have this one figured out soon enough.