How much ammo do you carry with you?

Guest gmachuta

Knowing the limitations of one's choice of weapon is the responsible thing to do, I agree... and just like the rigor required to master control of the 1911's safety needs practice, the low capacity of the J-frame is an undeniable limitation which one would be remiss to have not provided for in the face of multiple determined aggressors, which is the worst credible scenario a private citizen may encounter.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
I cylinder full of .357mags in the Smith 19, 1 cylinder full in the Smith 642 plus one k-frame speedloader full of .38, so 17 rounds total, plus various caliber bullets I stuck in my jacket pocket that I've forgotten to take out but make good demos.

I'll be the first to admit this is way too much.

With the odds of any event happening defining the situation. Like I said.

I am just not aware of any situation where a person armed with a 5 shot was overwhelmed and killed/injured and had he had another x number of rounds it all would have been different. Hard case to make.

Im just sayin....:cool:

Guest canynracer
Note the last sentence in my first post.

Jes' sayin':D

I SAW that....but you still carry all of it....just in case, riiiiight???

LOL

How much ammo, and which gun to carry, depends on where you go.

If I'm going to Wal-Mart, the P3AT is probably just fine with seven rounds. I normally throw an extra magazine into my jacket pocket. If I was going to walk down a high crime street at 2 am, I'd want my USP 40 with a couple of extra magazines. I have been in places where I carried four spare magazines.

You have to adapt what you carry for the situation. When possible, avoid those nasty situations.

For most people they will never need any rounds. If you do, most of the time a half dozen rounds will be more than enough.

Really! I stock up when I go to Wal Mart!Nothing scares the bejeebies out of me more :cool:

Ninjas do get all the hot chicks. As soon as I started wearing black tights and ninja shoes to the mall and carrying more ammo, hot chicks flocked to me. I married one, so I don't have to carry as much now.

Then you need to brush up on your ninja skills! Mine are so adept girls can't even see me! :D:cool:

Guest canynracer
No, because I always admired those black uniforms and figure ninjas get all the hot chicks.

ROFLMFAO!!!! I need a new keyboard!! LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

AddEmoticons04252.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I think im gonna just start carrying an Uzi in my Tacti-Cool Sig Concealed Carry Jacket with 2 30rd clips on the hip....that should take care of any mall encounter. ;-D

I think more people should do that, but it probably wouldn't cure their paranoia. :rolleyes:

Guest GLOCKGUY
It would just up the bar. "Ya mean you only carry ONE Uzi? Ya might as well lay down and die right there."

you know you might be right i carry one Uzi. oh ya i carry two with a grenade launcher :rolleyes:

I carry a Glock 7 taped to my back on top of the trauma plates, an AOW shotty under my duster and a HK G3 in a guitar case that also serves as mag storage and an armored shield. The cool thing is I can shoot the G3 without taken it out of the case. "Desperado" stole the idea from me!

Do you think I have adequate protection?