"Ron Paul can't get elected, Sorry"

Guest Zombie-Hunter

Guest Zombie-Hunter

Since Donald Trump spewed out that sentence seems that's all it took to give a 30 year congressmen creditability. I mean I have known of Ron for many years and never understood why he wasn't taken seriously.

He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.

He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay.

He has NEVER taken a government-paid junket.

He has NEVER voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted AGAINST the Patriot Act.

He voted AGAINST regulating the Internet.

He voted AGAINST the Iraq war.

He DOES NOT participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

What I need right now is someone to tell me why he shouldn't or isn't going to be the Republican nomination?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Since Donald Trump spewed out that sentence seems that's all it took to give a 30 year congressmen creditability. I mean I have known of Ron for many years and never understood why he wasn't taken seriously.

He has NEVER voted to raise taxes.

He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay.

He has NEVER taken a government-paid junket.

He has NEVER voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted AGAINST the Patriot Act.

He voted AGAINST regulating the Internet.

He voted AGAINST the Iraq war.

He DOES NOT participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

What I need right now is someone to tell me why he shouldn't or isn't going to be the Republican nomination?

He will not got the Republican nomination for precisely the reasons you stated. He's too far from center.

Nationally: "Iran should have nukes if they want them."

Personally: I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say, especially what Z-H outlined above. But, he seems like he's always just moments from totally losing it, especially when talking about foreign policy. Strikes me as Ross Perot with less self- control.

But, what do I know, my dream candidate was Fred Thompson, and he had about as much chance as I did with the campaign he ran last time.

He will not got the Republican nomination for precisely the reasons you stated. He's too far from center.

Yep. Most of electorate sees him as an oddball or outright wacko.

Also, whether it's a fair reason or not, he's just seen as too old.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils
Nationally: "Iran should have nukes if they want them."

Personally: I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say, especially what Z-H outlined above. But, he seems like he's always just moments from totally losing it, especially when talking about foreign policy. Strikes me as Ross Perot with less self- control.

No one has and no one will prevent Iran from getting nukes except Iran. G.W. Bush and Obama have only made silly noises about it. They have done nothing to prevent it and will do nothing to prevent it in the future.

Given that state of affairs, then why bother to waste energy making silly noises about it?

If Iran ever uses nukes in aggression, then if Israel doesn't turn the nation into a vast green glass glow-in-the-dark crater, then I hope we will have the gumption to do so. Maybe humanity needs an object lesson every 65 or 70 years.

No one has and no one will prevent Iran from getting nukes except Iran. G.W. Bush and Obama have only made silly noises about it. They have done nothing to prevent it and will do nothing to prevent it in the future.

Given that state of affairs, then why bother to waste energy making silly noises about it?

If Iran ever uses nukes in aggression, then if Israel doesn't turn the nation into a vast green glass glow-in-the-dark crater, then I hope we will have the gumption to do so. Maybe humanity needs an object lesson every 65 or 70 years.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet Israel will prevent it. Primarily for the reason you gave, *if* Iran used them aggressively against Israel, Israel wouldn't be around to respond.

I think this is the ultimate trouble Ron Paul has. The total isolationist, bring everybody home and let the world hash it all out without us, stick our collective head in the sand foreign policy loses him a lot of support.

Ron Paul's fiscal policy makes a lot of sense (except for the defense spending), however his foreign policy smacks of the U.S. after WW1. That policy stayed in place through December 6, 1941. In case you missed the point, re-read that date. I hope we learned from that mistake.

Guest Zombie-Hunter
Ron Paul's fiscal policy makes a lot of sense (except for the defense spending), however his foreign policy smacks of the U.S. after WW1. That policy stayed in place through December 6, 1941. In case you missed the point, re-read that date. I hope we learned from that mistake.

If you wish us to continue being the world police, enjoy the world you're living in at the moment. As you well know or by your statement maybe not but......Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Whatever happen to minding your own business?

We want that as individuals but not as a country. Geezes.....

:)

If you wish us to continue being the world police, enjoy the world you're living in at the moment. As you well know or by your statement maybe not but......Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Whatever happen to minding your own business?

We want that as individuals but not as a country. Geezes.....

:)

There is a middle ground. I never mentioned being the worlds police, I only tried to remind us of what isolationist policies can lead to. I don't personally believe in either extreme so don't accuse people of things without getting the facts.

Guest Zombie-Hunter
There is a middle ground. I never mentioned being the worlds police, I only tried to remind us of what isolationist policies can lead to. I don't personally believe in either extreme so don't accuse people of things without getting the facts.

Well I apologize if you felt insulted that I may have assumed something of you. But may I point out you done the same thing to Ron in a public open statement that Ron himself wouldn't have compassion for a holocaust situation.

There is no compassion as a country now, that is unless you have valuable resources.

Guest Lester Weevils
If I were a betting man, I'd bet Israel will prevent it. Primarily for the reason you gave, *if* Iran used them aggressively against Israel, Israel wouldn't be around to respond.

I think this is the ultimate trouble Ron Paul has. The total isolationist, bring everybody home and let the world hash it all out without us, stick our collective head in the sand foreign policy loses him a lot of support.

Yes if Iran ever nukes Israel then Israel is history, but Iran won't be around to enjoy the victory. Given that Israel's nuclear policy is based on the Samson Option, I'm guessing that if Israel ever gets nuked that there will be no major muslim cities in ANY of the middle eastern countries afterwards. I don't see why Israel would be motivated to ONLY respond to the primary aggressor. I suspect that afterwards muslims would wear radiation suits and respirators to make the annual pilgrimage to the green glass crater previously known as Mecca.

Samson Option - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Given such a situation, Iran's "allies" in the area would need to be as concerned as Israel if Iran is determined to commit suicide. And work to keep Iran from acting too foolishly.

Look at the nations we have invaded since WWII-- We have never invaded a nuclear armed nation. Duh. If I was a tinhorn dictator then Nukes would be the highest priority, just to avoid getting pushed around by the big boys in the school yard. In addition the world is a tough neighborhood. Even the small boys are bullies. Living close to India, Pakistan, China, then one good way for Iran to avoid a possible mugging some day would be to have enough boomers to make invasion too expensive to be worth it. That is basically France's strategy. They have been over-run so many times. They have a big enough arsenal that if they ever get invaded again then the invader will have to be willing to pay by losing most of the invader's major cities.

The problem with being the world's policeman is that many people don't like the police except when they need to call 911. Then they want the police on scene immediately if not sooner. Am not saying bad about police. It just seems a fact that policemen are often only appreciated in an emergency. Being the world's policeman engenders resentment rather than gratitude and good will.

The other problem is that it is impossible to bill the other nations for police services. They would consider such "fee for service" about the same as paying mob protection money. If we could get them to pay for their protection, it would engender even more resentment and bad karma.

The two ball-busters in our budget, causing the current 1.6 trillion deficit, are military and SS/Medicare. Unless we want to return to a post-WWII level of taxation, we just can't balance the budget and keep both of those programs at current levels. We could wipe out Social Security benefits and keep charging the SS tax and still would need to trim the military budget in order to balance the budget. It is the cruelty of the numbers.

So we are going broke being the world's policeman and getting little but resentment in return. Simultaneously, nations such as Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan who can easily afford to provide their own protection, can spend all their spare money kicking our butt economically, while we spend all our economic development money protecting their sorry butts. And they don't even like us except when they need to call 911.

It is not sustainable.

Guest nicemac
Ron Paul is open, honest and values the principals of our founding fathers.

You just stated why he cannot get elected.

Americans want someone that will tell them what they want to hear and then give it to them free. Ron won't do either of those things.

You just stated why he cannot get elected.

Americans want someone that will tell them what they want to hear and then give it to them free. Ron won't do either of those things.

+1 Ron Paul is the man for the job, but he won't be given a chance. His fault is that is not telling boogeyman stories and he has a plan.

+1 Ron Paul is the man for the job, but he won't be given a chance. His fault is that is not telling boogeyman stories and he has a plan.

This ^^^. I will agree he has some different outlooks and solutions to problems, but thats what makes them good, THEY ARE DIFERENT FROM THE NORMAL EVERYDAY BULLCHIT we hear and have heard. So much crap is rammed down our throat. It doesn't matter anymore if your a Rep or Dem, they are all just puppets. Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Mit Romney same ol' :screwy: different face. If more people would educate theirselves (like MOST TGOers do) and not let the media educate them, then the country would be better off.

Paul "can" be elected, but only if you vote for him. People have to stop accepting all of the crap being epoused from the pseudo-intellectual big government conservative commentators and pundits. They use words like isolationist, which most people don't even know the meaning, to characterize Paul's foreign policy, which is total b.s. A more appropriate description of Paul would be non-interventionist. Isolationist and non-interventionist are not the same thing.

Another problem I have with the so-called conservative media is they deify Reagan, but yet, they break Reagan's 11th commandment, "Thou shall not speak ill of any fellow Republican." When the conservative talking heads label Paul as a nut, kook, wacko, isolationist, etc..., doesn't that just reek of hypocrisy?

Ron Paul has the same problem the establishment Republicans, they cannot ignore him, but they wish he would go away. I have agreed with most of his ideas for a long time. Voted for him once for president. My biggest disagreement with him now is foreign policy. Iran and nukes??. But I can see his points. Who are we to tell them what they should have? We are in Iraq because the world believe they had weapons of mass destruction. Are we going to go to war with Iran because we think they want a nuke? Paul is taking a different approach. What we have done in the past hasn't worked. Time for a change?