Best 45acp bring it on...

Guest Charlesdht

Guest Charlesdht

I have owned many handguns some were gifts and some were purchased with my own funds. Honestly guys, I shoot very well with my xd45 and overall it is without a doubt my favorite handgun. I have owned a glock 21 and have shot a few 1911s and a sig p220. I shoot just as well with my XD as i did with any of the 1911s or the sig. I sold my glock immediately because it was very clunky, had a wide grip, and glocks shoot wierd. You have to bend your hand to fire it and with the XD its just point and shoot. Honestly I could have probably gotten used to the glock after a while and eventually shot well with it. But, I don't think I should have to train myself to shoot one gun when another fits everyone naturally. I swear I understand you glock guys because I was one of you. SHOOT THE XD and you'll come over to the dark side, and you will bask in it. Add on a back safety and different options for colors and wow its over. 13 rounds +1 in the chamber and for defensive situations it beats the 1911 and the sig in my opinion. What's your opinion...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fastzntn

I like my XD, and shoot pretty well with it. I recently shot a Taurus 1911 and was very impressed. I understand those aren't very expensive either. Would like to shoot a hi capacity 1911 and see how it handles.....

Guest .45Jon
I have owned many handguns some were gifts and some were purchased with my own funds. Honestly guys, I shoot very well with my xd45 and overall it is without a doubt my favorite handgun. I have owned a glock 21 and have shot a few 1911s and a sig p220. I shoot just as well with my XD as i did with any of the 1911s or the sig. I sold my glock immediately because it was very clunky, had a wide grip, and glocks shoot wierd. You have to bend your hand to fire it and with the XD its just point and shoot. Honestly I could have probably gotten used to the glock after a while and eventually shot well with it. But, I don't think I should have to train myself to shoot one gun when another fits everyone naturally. I swear I understand you glock guys because I was one of you. SHOOT THE XD and you'll come over to the dark side, and you will bask in it. Add on a back safety and different options for colors and wow its over. 13 rounds +1 in the chamber and for defensive situations it beats the 1911 and the sig in my opinion. What's your opinion...

Actually i'm the opposite, I can't shoot quite as well with my XD45 as I can with the Glock. I do shoot really well with it though, i'm just not to the point where i'm hitting nothing but red on the target shooting 100+ rounds, but i've shot Glocks much longer so thats probably it.

Guest scarabatwork

I shoot really well with my EAA Pro Target pistol. Every gun I've ever held from EAA practically points itself.

That's it on the left. That's my Norinco .45 on the right. Its a good shooting gun, but nearly every piece on it has been modified or customized.

45scz0.th.jpg

Guest SUNTZU

I shoot very well with my Glock 21SF. 13 +1 rounds as well. I have shot the sig and would not turn one down. When I tried an XD it felt like I was holding a boxcar with a handle, so I went Glock.

Switch to the XD...

gangland_comical.jpg

:D

Guest Grout

To me the large frame Glocks point naturally,it is the 9/40 Glocks that I have to bend my wrist down to sight.I have a Springfield Loaded 1911 ,it is a great gun.Very accurate and in over 20K rds only 1 malf. that was not shooter induced.I have owned an XD and the trigger and the accuracy are not up to the level of a 1911 or a Glock.

Guest gcrookston

I've owned quite a number of .45acp's over the years, mostly 1911 types. But my opinion of the best, in my experience are: #1 HK USP Tactical, #2. Sig 220. You've got to have big hands for the Tactical, and I do. Extremely accurate, low recoil, light and reliable with one of the best factory triggers out there today. I really like the P220, too, but the HK beats it just by a hair by having larger magazine capacity and better ambi-controls (I'm left handed).

I don't necessarily like plastic pistols, but I make the exception of the HK.

I don't know what Rabbi is talking about. I was in his shop the other day and he

had a new 1911PD S&W he was debating with me about keeping!!!!!!

I must admit I have been thinking about talking him out of it. I vote for the SIG 220.

Edited by R1100R
Guest gcrookston
I don't know what Rabbi is talking about. I was in his shop the other day and he

I must admit I have been thinking about talking him out of it. I vote for the SIG 220.

Ya, you gotta watch him.... He sold me a blatently homosexual gun only just last week and wouldn't even show me the manly man's 1911. He's giving the 1911 fanatics a verbal bris...

Here's my present line up of .45 acp:

DSC00048.jpg

I was just trying to sell you the gun. I wouldnt want one of those things anywhere near my privates. You can never tell.

GCrookston, you have the right idea! Whenever you show something, you have to show it in the best context. So you show 3 ugly houses and then the one you really want to sell. I see you are doing that in the pic--showing one real man's .45 (the one with the revolving cylinder) next to the sissy guns. Right on!

Guest gcrookston
showing one real man's .45 (the one with the revolving cylinder) next to the sissy guns. Right on!

I prefer to call the plastic one "socially inept" and the other two "anachronisms". But you have a point, the New Service was perhaps the only truly successful DA revolver Colt ever produced that could compete against the S&W. It was the largest frame they ever made and was a fantastic design, not prown to the problems of their contemporary and later designs. Colt could have learned a lot about this design, but to their demise, discontinued it in the 1930's. This particular gun was built in 1917, rebuilt sometime in 1918 and sold through the DCM in 1920 unfired until I aquired it in the 1980's. New Service was the only revolver type I had ever owned until recently.

M1909holster3cellpouch.jpg

Edited by gcrookston