Maryville Flea Market?

MrBrian

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine heard there was a guy selling guns at a flea market around maryville. Does anybody know where it would be and if so what kind of stuff does he have?

I don't know personally but I'd also be interested in this.

The info I got is it green acres and they're really not supposed to sell firearms but that is an "ocasionally" some rifles or shotguns out there. Nothing you would make special trip for but if you like flea markets you might find something.

The info I got is it green acres and they're really not supposed to sell firearms but that is an "ocasionally" some rifles or shotguns out there. ..

Well, certainly isn't necessarily illegal for one of the vendors to sell some of his own personal firearms, though as you say it might be against the Green Acres rules.

- OS

Funny, it used to be no big deal to see long guns and handguns for sale at local flea markets at pretty good prices. Heck, there used to be a guy at the Sweetwater Flea Market who had a permanent booth and didn't sell much else (I'm not sure their rules still allow vendors to sell guns there, anymore.) Those were the 'good old days', though.

I'm not sure it is even worth looking for guns at flea markets any more. Just in general, the prices I have seen on firearms (which have been pretty much limited to long guns) are as bad as pawn shops. Why in the heck does everyone around here seem to think that their old, single-shot 12 gauge has a barrel lined in gold? I'm not talking about nice, collectible shotguns - I am talking about old Stevens single shot beaters that look like they probably spent more than a couple of years behind the seat of a pickup with asking prices of $125 and up. I can buy a brand new single for that. Heck, I can almost buy a new pump for that. You can imagine what the prices on guns that are kind of nice would be.

Edited by JAB

Green acres is not the only flea market in Maryville. There is another in the old furnature store at the far end of the parking lot from the old walmart. If coming from Knox just stay on 129 till you pass the mall on your right. Turn between the mall and Firestone, go to the bottom of the hill and go left. stay straight till you get to the curve in the road and look right. Now im not saying they are selling guns there but just another option. I have not seen any guns at Green acres in years. Have a Great Day

Guest Bluemax
Yep thats the way I remember it. I haven't been there in years

It's a great place if you are interested in Hispanic culture and can read Spanish cuz if you can't God only know's what's in that Taco. Used to be a guy that set up out there with a few long guns but got in trouble. I haven't been ther in a couple of years

Green Acres ain't even in Maryville, not even close. Mailing address is Louisville.

- OS

I believe the OP was "around Maryville" So Green Acres Aka little mexico would be close. Not starting an argument but with Alcoa and Maryville being twin cities its in the ballpark
Guest rocktheglock

A few years ago, a guy was selling guns from a white van and was arrested for selling them. He would sell them to the Mexicans and the AFT did a 18 month sting on this guy. The ATF would follow anybody who bought a rifle from this guy and arrest them ether because they are not US citizens or was a felon. The one selling the rifles was later picked up and arrested. Its been a few years ago, I tried to find the newspaper article but could not find it. I would to stop by this flee market on Sundays just to see what they had.. Maybe a different guy??? But the one who was arrested was all over the news.

I would not buy a weapon with out knowing the person or have a bill of sale filled out, just my $0.02

Here is what I found out as far as gun sales at the Flea Market at the Drive in. The people running the show dont want firearms laid down on the table as an item for sale, but you can hang it off your hip or maybe set a small sign of the back window of your vehicle.

Just kinda keep it quiet. I have a buddy was set up out there last weekend and he sold 2 guns. Just kept it on the down low and talked to a few people and his business was done.