Finally got around to shooting my Walther P22 and Sig P229 E2

Links2k

The Walther is my first .22 pistol and it is a hoot to shoot. I shot CCI mini mags and CCI .22 tactical rounds thru it with zero issues. I have five magazines for it, but you can blow thru them so fast that I think that I may need five more just to save reload time. Looks like it will be a keeper for long term plinking.

I see why you Sig guys are so "Elitist"....just kidding.:P The E2 performed flawlessly. I shot cheap reloads, Federal, Remington Golden Sabre, DPX and Hornady Critical Defense thru it and it liked it all. I can't say anything that has not already been said. This pistol is a winner. If my Glock19 could express emotions it would be looking a little nervous right now.:stare:

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest motonut

Absolutely love my Sig 229 Equinox, fantastic gun. The SigPro 2022 is another fantastic gun and priced under $400, I don't think you can beat it.

The P22 is one of only 2 guns I've ever sold, I just didn't bond with it. Now my BuckMark, that's another story entirely. ;)

Glad you found a pair you enjoy, that's what counts.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I gave my P-22 to my son for Christmas last year so I am looking to get another one sometime soon.

I think I will hold out for a green or camo one this time. My first one was the Brushed Chrome version which I thought looked cool and since my boy is only 16 I still get to shoot it from time to time.

I also had a First Edition PK-380 which is pretty much identical to the P-22, I traded that away but would like to one day pick up another one of those too. Both are fun little shooters, never an issue with either.

As for Sigs....If it aint a Sig....it simply aint a Sig.:rolleyes:

In fact it was a Sig that I used the PK in trade to help get. And they are making most of them in the US these days. :)

The E2 grip I found far more comfortable than the traditional grips. I shot a friend's traditional gripped 229 awhile back and just before that I held an E2 model (no trigger time, gunshop). It felt like night and day to me. I can't believe there were fans for the pistol before the E2 came along.

(No offense, Nysos :popcorn:)