YOU CAN STOP SHOOTING ME NOW! Ok, seriously. Enough with the bullets.

Guest monkeyhumper

If you were carrying concealed, have you ever been MADE?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. If you were carrying concealed, have you ever been MADE?

• I've been MADE!
    • Never. Or, never noticed, anyway. I'm a CC ninja.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I don't accept that a 9mm Parabellum is great for self defense while a 9mm Kurtz, with good shot placement and proper choice of ammo, might as well be a 'bunny fart'.

I don't accept that either. Modern .380ACP ammunition is fairly effective. More so than a .22 or a .25 or a .32

I don't accept that either. Modern .380ACP ammunition is fairly effective. More so than a .22 or a .25 or a .32

On that we agree. Also I do think that even with a .380 ammo selection plays a very important role, more so than with a 9mm and up. I think .32 is about the lowest I would go (given a choice) for a carry caliber and I wouldn't be just thrilled with that. My wife and mom have each chosen the P32 for a carry gun because they like the size and weight of my P3AT but can't handle the recoil. I wish they would carry a larger caliber but if it is the difference between that or not carrying then the .32 is much better than nothing. They are both good shots with their P32s and so far I have advised them to stick with FMJ.

I had a .25 until a couple of weeks ago. It was just a Phoenix and I got it to have something to shoot during the recent ammo shortage. It seemed that the local Walmart locations always had .25 ammo while the rest of the handgun ammo shelves were empty and even .22LR was hard to find. A couple of weeks ago I realized that I hadn't even shot it since the shortage ended. Also, even WWB .25 ammo at Wally has gone from ~$17 a box to ~$21 or $22 a box so the Phoenix got traded toward a 7.62 Nagant revolver I'd been wanting. I might not shoot the Nagant much, either, but it is a cooler gun just to own than the .25.

Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno if I'd want to carry a .25, .32, or .22. Hadn't been much interested in the tiny pistols til awhile ago old dad got me to clean and test-fire his old Colt Junior .25 and it is just a kewl little pistol, bunny fart or not.

The trigger is good, it was not painful to shoot the Colt Junior, and was surprisingly accurate (perhaps because of trigger ergonomics).

Wheras my NAA .380 is exceptionally unpleasant to shoot and has a stiff trigger. In an emergency it is 'iffy' if I could even hit a man-sized target at point blank range with the NAA .380 though it is a fine well made piece of stainless steel. Just can't shoot it accurately (because of ergonomics). That is why I quit carrying it.

So a consideration if one must carry a bug, might be whether one might realistically put a round on target, regardless of the caliber of the round? The NAA .380 is not the lone ranger of tiny guns with stiff triggers, so in my hands many of the .380 and 9mm mousie guns might be equally inaccurate. Am pretty sure could shoot a Kahr PM9, because my P9 is pretty easy to aim and shoot. Will likely get a PM9 sometime, though the P9 fits my big pockets fine.

Been looking around at the old Colts and Berettas and such mousie guns since. Haven't bought any. It might be nice to have one or more examples of the "higher quality" representatives in the genre, just for the heck of it.

Been looking around at the old Colts and Berettas and such mousie guns since. Haven't bought any. It might be nice to have one or more examples of the "higher quality" representatives in the genre, just for the heck of it.

I recently (although I think it is gone, now) saw a Beretta Mynx that someone had traded in the case at my favorite LGS. Little, bitty pistol chambered for .22 short. Now that is a bunny fart. Sure would be fun, though, I think.

My paternal side of the family and part of the maternal side are from the Lookout Mountain area in Georgia. Not the chic side, either. There were probably small .38 revolvers in some pants or jacket pockets but many of the older fellahs (my grandfather's age and older) around there used to carry little pistols in .22, .25 or .32 in the bib pocket of their overalls. More than a few women carried that type of gun, too, for that matter. Mostly, though, I think they had them for protection against snakes and other, non-human threats (there are rattlesnakes around there) - especially while working/walking in the woods or fishing. This was, of course, before there were .380s and even 9mm pistols in small packages and really the larger calibers might not have met their needs as well as those small calibers did, anyhow (those old guys all kept rifles and/or shotguns in gun racks in the back windows of their pickups to deal with larger threats.)

My mom, being a bit of a tomboy when she was younger (her step-grandad used to get her to embarass groups of young men by shooting a .22 rifle better than they could) developed a bit of a fascination with really small semiautos. I guess I got a bit of the same affliction, both because of her influence and because of those who had influenced her.

My first handgun, which she bought for me, was a Titan .25. It was a great little gun - reliable and accurate (although I hear they can be hit or miss.) It has apparently been stolen from my mom's house and I miss it. In fact, I bought another that wasn't in nearly as good a shape at a gun show last year but the frame cracked near the trigger guard (so I guess I do, technically, own another .25 but I can't shoot it.) I mostly wanted it for nostalgia, though.

Edited by JAB
Guest Sgt. Joe
Jesus... perfect example of why I tell people to leave the mouse guns at home and carry something that will actually do some harm.

This took forever to post because I am laughing so hard:)

You mean something like this:D

380 This little mouse went to market

.32 This little mouse stayed home

.25 This little mouse got roast beef

.22 And this little mouse said AHH HECK NO....BOOM:D Well....pop:cool:anyway

I guess Gun Fights are just simply best avoided folks as it seems that they are quite like a box of chocolates:D

SC Sheriff: Dead motel robber was going to rape clerk - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

"When deputies got to the scene, they found the suspect unresponsive on the floor. Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said Carson died from a single gunshot to the chest."

Snip...

"Sheriff Lott also says the clerk had been victimized in one of two recent robberies at the same Days Inn and had gotten permission from her employer to carry a .22 caliber gun."

BIG Kudos to the Boss Folks, BIGGER Kudos to the lady in a fight for her life.

And what a Justified and Insultingly Perfect way for a pretty good sized thuggee wont-be-no-mo to go:)

NEXT...........................................;):popcorn::),

I'll have some popcorn because I sure aint gettin into those chocolates:p