HCP Application Processed

So...after taking my time and looking things over, I decided to go ahead and get my HCP. I took my class at Coal Creek Armory and then went down to TDOT and waited for 2 hours to get called and then left and got my fingerprints done immediately afterward :D.

It feels good to finally be done and now just waiting for it to arrive.

I guess at least I'll have plenty of time to pick out a holster now or something :D.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest G22DaD

Congrats, wcsc12! It took 13 days to the day I submitted my fingerprints. Guys around here were telling me the average turn around time was two weeks. Pretty close to the mark. Enjoy.

Guest Victor9er

Congrats! Now go pick out a holster! ;)

I think it took mine about 16 days to come in after I applied. I'd recommend the Crossbreed holsters, but you may be waiting longer for the holster than you will for the permit! (Though I've heard there's one or two places that actually keep some in stock?) Galco is another option.

Congrats! Now go pick out a holster! ;)

I think it took mine about 16 days to come in after I applied. I'd recommend the Crossbreed holsters, but you may be waiting longer for the holster than you will for the permit! (Though I've heard there's one or two places that actually keep some in stock?) Galco is another option.

I was looking at that Galco Kingtuck and the Comptac Mtac holster. I got to play with the Comptac one and found it in stores here for only $79.99 or $69.99...one of those two prices anyway. The Kingtuck is definitely cheaper coming in around the $50 mark but who knows. I've got plenty of time :D

Thanks for the comments though :D

Guest Victor9er
I was looking at that Galco Kingtuck and the Comptac Mtac holster. I got to play with the Comptac one and found it in stores here for only $79.99 or $69.99...one of those two prices anyway. The Kingtuck is definitely cheaper coming in around the $50 mark but who knows. I've got plenty of time ;)

Thanks for the comments though :D

I looked at all of those also. I ended up picking the crossbreed because.... well there really wasn't any good reason for it other than I just liked it a little better. I think it was the belt hooks that sold me on it actually. But I ordered directly from Crossbreed and they don't make it till you order it, so it took some time. It's very comfortable, but I also hear that all of those are. I will say this... it's not an easy on-off holster. I find it's actually easier to attach the holster to my pants before I put my pants on.

Keep something in your car, a cheap holster of some kind, for those times you can't carry into someplace and you have to leave your gun in the car. You won't be able to take the whole thing off easily, so it'll be quicker and easier (and much more descreet) to just remove your gun and slide it in your little holster you keep in the car. It'll keep your gun tucked away safe and you won't have to worry about something catching the trigger and making it go BANG. (like what just happened to another member on here)

I also have a Galco SC2 holster, it's small and easy to take off or put on. It's ok but not as comfortable as my Crossbreed, and it rides higher which tends to make my gun feel "top-heavy" for lack of a better term. It feels like it wants to flip over from time to time, and if you find yourself needing to use the restroom and dropping trousers it WILL flip over and muzzle you. Not a good feeling when you're sitting on the throne with your pants around your ankles let me tell you! But it's serviceable and I keep it as a backup or to use in my car like I mentioned above.