Where do you carry? (on your body)

First off I am a big guy with a big gut. I have always used an IWB for carrying either one of my Kahrs or a J-frame. I have always carried just slightly in front of the mid point on my right hip with the gun canted forward. On most of my pants there is a belt loop right at the mid point of my side. The holster would sit right in front on the belt loop.

This has always worked for me and been fairly comfortable. Today I put the holster just behind the mid point of my side. I was amazed at how much more comfortable it is to carry in this position. It feels better when I am standing, sitting, walking, driving...etc.

Don't know why it took me so long to try this. Just wondering where everybody else carrys on their body.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest readyornot

Right now I'm sitting at my desk with my Colt Defender .45 ACP in a nice leather Glaco belt holster under my sportcoat. If I have to be tucked in with no jacket or summer clothes I carry my KelTec P3AT in a front pocket holster.

Guest GUTTERbOY

IWB, just behind the hip, like you just discovered. Just gotta be careful about bending forward that the hell doesn't print, other than that, it's comfy and discreet. That's the way I carried in NC with an XDSC, once I get my TN HCP I'll be giving it a try with my 4" XD and see how that works out.

Guest GT_Rat

I've found my XD40SC is most comfortable behind my hip at about 4 o'clock. I'd like to try the small of my back but I don't see that being comfortable or easy to get to while driving.

I mostly have it at 3 to 4 o'clock OWB depending on where the bet loops are on the britches I am wearing. Small of the back is alright for being on foot somewhere but it is not workable in the car. Can't reach the thing and it is like having a rock behind my back. Not comfortable at all.

I carry a NAA .22 revolver in a very very concealed position. I figure just in case I'm in a public restroom and someone tries something, I'll be ready.

:eek::D I carry mine sometimes in my bra :rofl:

You just never know ;)

I usually carry my Glock in my belly band at the 10 o'clock position.

Edited by PackinMama
Guest Steelharp

It depends. If I'm wearing pants with belt, regular OWB carry. If I'm wearing "stretchers," (sweats, etc.) then I use my SmartCarry.

+1 on the pics needed!! :rofl:

I tried wearing my Don Hulme OWB holster on my left side so I would have to cross draw. That just didn't feel right, so I started carrying on the right side at about 3:30. Most of my jeans have a belt loop there so I thread my belt through the back loop of holster, then the jean belt loop, then the front loop of holster. It stays put and it is a good position for me.

Guest TNDixieGirl

IWB on the right side. I don't know how to describe where. I can tell you that it's far enough to the right that when I sit down, it's not jabbing into my side or my thigh.

And if any of you perverts jump on that last sentence you're going straight to hell.

I really can't carry on my body anywhere else. In the last year, I've gotten such limited movement in my right shoulder that I wouldn't be able to reach it anywhere else. It's not on my stomach, but not on my hip either.

Edited by TNDixieGirl
Guest darkstar

Glock 23 in a Biancchi 105 (Minimalist Slide) OWB at 3-4 O'clock. I always wear shirts un-tucked so conceal isn't a problem. I suppose I'll have to look into something else if I need to dress more formally. The great thing about this holster is it fits several of my other guns perfectly and contours exactly to my hip.

Guest Shooting Coach

Since my shoulders are wider than my behind, I can wear a belly band and a Smith 640 with good results. As a trainer of Armed Professionals and Citizens, the best compliment I can get is to be asked by a Professional why I do not carry.

I do not volunteer that I carry, or where, but just shrug. :wave:

I carry a NAA .22 revolver in a very very concealed position. I figure just in case I'm in a public restroom and someone tries something, I'll be ready.
:eek::D I carry mine sometimes in my bra :wave:

You just never know ;)

I usually carry my Glock in my belly band at the 10 o'clock position.

This thread is useless without pictures.:D

Rabbi,

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ;) jk :D