Possible AWB Preperation

Guest utarch00

Guest utarch00

With the possibility of another AWB, I have been reading alot of posts on other boards and was curious what members here are doing to prepare. Stocking up on magazines and ammo, buying guns and parts, etc. I have not reall y started doing anything myself, yet. What are you doing?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed

I used it last year as an excuse to pick up an AR15, and this year I will use it as an excuse to pick up a suppressor or two and some more magazines for my M&P and Beretta.

• Administrator

I may end up building a left-hand AR platform rifle of some sort... but that's really it. One of the primary motivators for selling my current AR is the fact that I really really really need a left-hand variant.

Guest DrBoomBoom

Average White Band?

I've got an AR on my list, but have a few other things to get first. With a bit of luck, I'll get one before next year. I might get a few more hi cap mags in the meantime.

Guest Halfpint

Picking up a few magazines for the next pistol purchase--USP Compact in 9mm--and for an upcoming UMP conversion . . . I've got the boss looking for an H&K USC and have been in touch with the guys at HDPS a few times--staying away from AR-style rifles since there's nowhere to shoot them locally (I'm not a member at MSSA) and concentrating on pistol-caliber carbines and a good bolt-action rifle.

--staying away from AR-style rifles since there's nowhere to shoot them locally

You can shoot frangible .223 at RangeUSA on Saturday nights (AR & Shotgun Night) if you want to practice with a .223 rifle on a short indoor range. Gotta buy all the .223 ammo from them when you shoot the AR there, I guess to make sure you don't sneak in some FMJ.

As far as the possible AWB, I'll be picking up a plain and simple AK-47 pretty soon. Wife's getting me one for my birthday :(

I think I've abused this excuse about as much as I can with the wife! :( I was able to add a AK-103, Saiga 12, AR 6.8 SPC, FNP-9, and a FN Hi-Power .40 S&W to the collection this year. Now I just need a few more HP mags, 6.8 SPC mags, and of course ammo.

Guest Halfpint

ZenDog-- nothing against Range USA, as I shoot pistols and shotguns there frequently. I just don't see the point of buying three types of ammo--standard ball, rather expensive and (in that case) market-cornered frangible, and hollowpoint--instead of two. Eventually, I'll pick up a .223 and probably even shoot it at R-USA, but for now, my other option just makes better sense.

Guest readyornot

I'm picking up additional high cap mags for my Glock 21SF and hording ammo as usual. Me and a buddy are in the process of building a couple of AR's (not really because of a possible ban, just cause I want one!).

Guest GT_Rat

AR-15 this spring/summer. A dozen high cap mags. We'll see what else I can pull off. Maybe try to sneak in a relatively inexpensive AK if possible.

I am buying nothing in anticipation of an assault weapon ban. Yall can have the AR's and AK's. I already have four 16 round mags for my carry pistol and they ain't figured out how to put more than 6 rounds in my cap and ball stuff so I am good to go there.

I ain't so skeered that an AWB will happen anyway.