BodyGuard .380 opinions please

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its one of the 4 or 5 kel tec clones. With the price drop half a year or so ago, and the built in laser (if you care for that) its a decent pick now (was way overpriced). The trigger is hard to work and the slide is moderate, if your wife is weak she may not like those two things, otherwise they seem to be reliable and a solid choice. I strongly prefer the sig 238 as it is easier to use in terms of recoil, slide racking, and trigger, and rapid fire, but its not cheap.

IMHO if you want a cheap 380, look hard at a makarov. Its similar but the ammo is much, much cheaper. Its bigger than the pocket 380s but still will fit in a pocket if you get the single stack type. I only say that since you mention price, if price is an object for the gun its going to be worse for the ammo on a 380.

Edited by Jonnin

I have a bodyguard .380 and love it. It is small enough to fit in your pocket and will not print even in dress pants with the right holster. I like better than the kel tech because it has a safety which is important for me as I have small children that like to come out of no where and jump on me or grab ahold of your leg.

Guest seawolf138

I don't have a carry permit yet, but I have a bodyguard 380, the ammo is more expensive than some of the other options, but I really like the gun. Trigger is a little heavy, but it isn't any worse than my friend's P3AT (which I also really like, but it doesn't have the laser).

I like mine very much, carry it every day. They had some problems out of the chute but have them corrected now from what I can see and have heard. I have about 500 rounds thru mine without ANY problems. It is an EAJ-***** serial number. From what I've heard stay away from EAA-**** especially. So if you ae buying a "new" one on a shelf somewhere now you should be good.

I like the look's of the Bodyguard and how it feel's in my hand but I don't like the built in laser. I don't believe I'll be buying one after buying the LCP, it was enough of an improvement in feel and handling over a P3AT to sell me on it.