XDM-45 my first 500 Rounds

Kano

Ergonomics , I love the feel and the trigger lines up perfect for me but I have big hands and it may not fit your needs..

500 rounds no malfunctions

Loves my reloads and any other ammo so far.

For me it's a good EDC pistol along with the XDM-9.... I also picked up.

Groups at 25 yards are with good ammo very good.

Anyone looking for a reliable accurate 45 for EDC ( Fits my hands perfect) or home defense pistol give one a try.

100_2523nnn.jpg?t=1312102423

100_2612.jpg?t=1312102501

Springfield XD(M) .45 ACP

Importer: Springfield Armory;

Caliber: .45 ACP

Action type: Recoil-operated, striker-fired semi-automatic

Frame: Polymer

Barrel: 4.5″

Rifling: Six-groove, 1:16″, RH twist

Magazine: Detachable box, 13-rd.

Sights: Low-profile, drift-adjustable rear blade with U-notch, post front

Trigger pull: 6 lbs., 2 ozs.

Overall length: 7¾â€

Width: 1¼â€

Height: 55⁄8″

Weight: 34 ozs.

[TABLE=class: ratings]

[TR]

[TD=class: rating_label]Performance

[/TD]

[TD=class: rating_value]star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: rating_label]Durability

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: rating_label]Concealability

[/TD]

[TD=class: rating_value]star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar-empty.gif

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: rating_label]Overall Value

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Durability I only have 500 rounds but my gut feeling is telling me I bet it will hold up for many 1000's of rounds...

Edited by Kano
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review and photo’s as well and I fully agree that both pistols are every bit as good as you say they are. Both pistols’ fall into the “service pistol” size though which gives them the size and mass to be comfortable to shoot as well as work reliably. While many of us search for the ever elusive “smaller” pistol in a 9mm P or .45 ACP caliber we often disregard “service pistol” sized pistols as to large or to heavy. Interestingly many of these “larger sized” pistols are still quite compact when properly holstered and concealable with appropriate attire.

Yes, it seems that most of us, myself included, are deeply involved ithe search for the smallest carry size/biggest caliber search. And in that search we compromise the ability to comfortably and easily pull, hold, and shoot the larger calibers. At least that is the conclusion I have reached for myself. These little pocket pistols will do all that's asked of them, but at the sacrifice of comfort/controllability for the average shooter.

No, let me change that. The average shooter among us will probably accept the harsh recoil and just go forward practicing with approximate size guns and firing limited amounts with carry pocket rockets.

Some of the buyers for these smaller size pistols are the first-time buyers, and seeing the size, weight and mass of the service and tactical size pistols will shy away from them. Then finding the little, easily carried pistols that feel oh-so light, will grab one thinking it's the awnser for all their needs. And guess what? They find it's not fun to shoot, get disgusted with it, never practice, and either carry it anyway or sell it and go on to the next newest model.

Not saying this is the gospel or anything like that. Just my obsevations on the subject. Now how does all this relate to me you ask? Or do you even care?

Well, I'll tell you anyway. I've been in the search for that perfect combo of size and caliber for quite a while. And still am. Haven't found what works for me yet. Been thru the airweights, ultralites titanium and scandium frames, and as many of the polymer guns as I could find. From the LCP, LCR, PF9/40, and the Walther PPS 40. Looked at the Kahrs, and the Sig P250. And others I can't name at the moment. So far...zilch.

For me, til the next pocket wonder comes along, I'll stick with my G30, PT145, SP101, or a 31/2-4 in 1911. Again, JMHO.

Guest bkelm18

I gave up on the quest for a small carry gun a while ago. I knew that carrying a small compact gun you had to make compromises. Now I stick to service size guns. They carry just fine, have good capacity, and good sight radius. My only pocket gun I have now is my 442 for when I need to be discrete or I'm just running out the door briefly.

Guest TresOsos
I gave up on the quest for a small carry gun a while ago. I knew that carrying a small compact gun you had to make compromises. Now I stick to service size guns. They carry just fine, have good capacity, and good sight radius. My only pocket gun I have now is my 442 for when I need to be discrete or I'm just running out the door briefly.

+1 Wasn't it Clint Smith that said some along the lines, a carry gun should be comforting, not comfortable.

I've had my XD-45 for several years and have been pleased with it. It was my first of several polymer pistols and performed well enough to convince me to purchase several more, though I've always prefered the 1911. It's been accurate and dependable and I don't worry about wear from daily use and holster carry.

I have been looking for another non-Glock plastic gun. I was wondering how it compared to the HK P30 ( I noticed you had one for sale). I have been contemplating on a P30 V1 for quite some time. I would like to know your thoughts on it versus the XDM.

The P30L is a tac driver at 25 yards and reading testing done on one of them it held up for 100,000 rounds and still did a great group at 25 yards. It feels great in my hands .. but my hands are big and in double action my trigger finger does not slip in the way I like it. That is the only reason I am selling it....

The XDM-9 fits my hands and finger better but the P30L is a better made pistol JMO.

Plus I have the HK-45 so selling the P 30L is not the end of the world.

I have been looking for another non-Glock plastic gun. I was wondering how it compared to the HK P30 ( I noticed you had one for sale). I have been contemplating on a P30 V1 for quite some time. I would like to know your thoughts on it versus the XDM.
Edited by Kano

The grip on my XDm 9mm is just too long to carry concealed. I tried in a Raven Concealment holster OWB, I wasn't fooling anyone. Try a Springer Precision trigger kit, it made all the difference in the world on the trigger pull.

Ergonomics of design and the end user understanding the importance of what works best for them in daily use is of critical importance in choosing a PDW. With the variety of pistol designs and configurations available Kano has provided a key element of comparative selection here, the pistol should fit your hand.

Reliability and fit are far more important than name brand or appearance; most pistols are a compromise towards fit ability, directed more towards an average hand size. JMB understood this with the 1911 Government Model which is but one of the reasons why it has such universal acceptance worldwide. The BHP is another fine example of this as well. Taking the time to find what feels and works best for you in a pistol is an excellent investment.

Ergonomics of design and the end user understanding the importance of what works best for them in daily use is of critical importance in choosing a PDW......The BHP is another fine example of this as well. Taking the time to find what feels and works best for you in a pistol is an excellent investment.

Couldn't agree any more.

I have an XD-45 and an XDm-40. Both are concealable IWB. Both are fantastic plastic pistols. I am a big fan of these Croation Creations! They are my go to pistols for home defense, automobile and carry. I leave my 1911s in the safe between range visits. The XDm-40 will hold 16 rounds, the XD-45 will hold 13. My daughter likes the XD-45.

Edited by Will Carry